• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
No, Rolex waiting list is real if the Rolex AD actually wants you as a customer. If you're a nobody with no relationship then the waiting list is fake.

Hermes Birkin bags are the same way.

Put it this way. Why would an Hermes sales associate sell their most popular bag to someone who will probably never buy another thing from Hermes again if they don't even understand how popular the bag is? That sales associate probably has several other customers who buy a bunch of stuff every year and they reward those customers by allowing them to buy a Birkin.
I think a Rolex can be had without waiting for months.

Buy a bunch of stuff before they let me buy a Birkin??? Man, that sounds messed up.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a Rolex can be had without waiting for months.
Buy a bunch of jewelry or other high priced watches sitting in the case, then yes that's true. Walking into a Rolex AD/boutique saying I want to buy a whatever Rolex men's watch without any history, no you really can't for the most part. Even the basic oyster perpetuals require a months long waitlist.

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
Buy a bunch of jewelry or other high priced watches sitting in the case, then yes that's true. Walking into a Rolex AD/boutique saying I want to buy a whatever Rolex men's watch without any history, no you really can't for the most part. Even the basic oyster perpetuals require a months long waitlist.
Buying a Rolex at retail sounds foreign to me. XD

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Real Real has a bunch of birkins available if you’re willing to go that route. I’m sure there are other grey market handbag sources too just like for watches.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess is that you have to spend at least $10K at Hermes even to get consideration for a Birkin bag. And then one of the cheaper ones.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. I think I’ll limit my Hermes purchases from LuxeSwap only.

These anecdotes remind me of that incident involving Oprah Winfrey and a Tom Ford purse in a Swiss store few years ago.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of LuxeSwap, I managed to grab a Ring Jacket navy blazer in 52L on Sunday. Never seen RJ in long size before and I think it was worth the $83 I spent to see how they fit. Looked like it was in great shape

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of LuxeSwap, I managed to grab a Ring Jacket navy blazer in 52L on Sunday. Never seen RJ in long size before and I think it was worth the $83 I spent to see how they fit. Looked like it was in great shape
How does it fit?

$83? R.I.P. to the consignor.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does it fit?

$83? R.I.P. to the consignor.
[/QUOTE
I bid $100 as a “WTF” and was surprised it held. Didn’t even know I won until I got the email.

Jacket still in the mail and gets here Thursday I think. I’ll post a pic.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jacket came today. Speedy shipping for a Sunday night order. Still had the Ring Jacket tags in the pocket with basting stitch bits and tailor’s chalk marks on the sleeves. Not sure if it’s new or someone had it altered but never picked up? <shrug>

Very light summer jacket. Seems to fit well if a bit close. Sleeves need to come up a hair.

ECA6AA12-6519-498B-B6C7-D5FB2557244E.jpeg 2A28844A-B44E-4ED7-A185-61DCAF56C5D6.jpeg 80EA5E02-9F7F-4CC6-A3E2-83DCD2A47612.jpeg B2E7BB63-34A5-474A-9C57-0FA3F733E59D.jpeg

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jacket came today. Speedy shipping for a Sunday night order. Still had the Ring Jacket tags in the pocket with basting stitch bits and tailor’s chalk marks on the sleeves. Not sure if it’s new or someone had it altered but never picked up? <shrug>

Very light summer jacket. Seems to fit well if a bit close. Sleeves need to come up a hair.

View attachment 1608824 View attachment 1608825 View attachment 1608826 View attachment 1608828

THAT is a SCORE!

LNWT Balloon cloth sport coat! Killer. I'm envious.

There should be enough in the sides to let out 2CM (+/-) to get rid of that snugness, that and sleeves shortened, and you're gold.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads