• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to see if he has something closer to a 85 (wool)/15 (mohair) blend so it's not quite so stiff.
Hmmm, there's a "twss" retort that can be made somewhere in here. I'm too tired to think of one though...

1617993617464.png

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked it as a neighborhood dive bar/restaurant. Weirdly, I noticed the Fri-Sat night babes at Whitlow’s were the marrying kind whereas the same at Don Tito’s were the hotter, yet to-be-avoided kind. Does that make sense?

I would only hang out on the rooftop during the start of spring and early summer. I would go there 10 years prior but I was a drunk mess and don't recall the local babes. I usually hang out at liberty tavern these days to check out the babes. I despise Don Tito's........

I'll be sure to stop by Whitlow's before it closes.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the Moderna 2nd shot yesterday at 2. Felt good afterwards. Today was a little rundown. My legs and both arms hurt. Felt like you do the day after you help a friend move. Also, chills throughout the day.

The lady who gave me the shot said it is ok to take tylenol. I did and it does help. Had to take some before a video call today and it does help. Good luck to all.

Litigation Cures All

Reaction score
If you can change to straight flap pockets, get the ticket pocket! It stands out just a little bit without being trendy or anachronistic.
@smittycl

Looks like Will already cut the pockets so I’m locked in with the angled pockets. I do remember him saying he cuts at a very slight angle for suits, not the same as a traditional hacking pocket that would have a much more aggressive angle and be less formal and better for a tweet country jacket. I think it looks like this S&M suit.

So basically, there are two types of hacking pockets. Subtle angle ones for suits and the traditional more aggressively angled ones for sport coats.

I’m just going to trust that Will knows what will look good.

Attachments

• 15E6654E-7B47-43F7-8432-B81D5FEA3ED2.jpeg
    15E6654E-7B47-43F7-8432-B81D5FEA3ED2.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 17

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@smittycl

Looks like Will already cut the pockets so I’m locked in with the angled pockets. I do remember him saying he cuts at a very slight angle for suits, not the same as a traditional hacking pocket that would have a much more aggressive angle and be less formal and better for a tweet country jacket. I think it looks like this S&M suit.

So basically, there are two types of hacking pockets. Subtle angle ones for suits and the traditional more aggressively angled ones for sport coats.

I’m just going to trust that Will knows what will look good.
Looks great!

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I booked my shot for Moderna at CVS in Frederick this Friday. 2nd shot is scheduled too. A lot closer than Hagerstown, only 27 miles up 270 for me instead of 50. MoCo didn't have anything in Safeway, CVS, Walgreens, or Giant. Living between exits 6 and 8 off 270 makes this trip a lot easier than many in the county anyway.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads