• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

trafficjam

Reaction score
My peruvian friends all tell me that super pollo is better, but then they say it's because super pollo has better sides???? Which is true, but I'm not going out for peruvian chicken sides, I'm going out for peruvian chicken. El Pollo Rico still wins.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fav Peruvian place in DC. Always full of Latin American diplomatic folks quaffing Pisco Sours at lunch.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Easter, gentlemen.

F5BFF5F1-2295-4370-817D-D1B0F58CEE71.jpeg

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got poked today by JnJ. Just feeling a little sore in the injection spot, but no other symptoms an hour after the appointment.

Went to Lubber Run, very efficient and smooth and organized. Parked, waited in line, checked in/registered, got the shot, sat in observation area for 15 min, and came back home.

Feels good to be done.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
24 hours later, side effect update.

I didn't feel any symptoms other than pain/soreness in the injection site until I went to bed.

Once in bed, my body felt colder than usual, but not to the point where I was shivering, and the body aches started to manifest, and my head started to hurt a bit.

Woke up feeling pretty terrible, headache and body aches at a more elevated level, similar to how I would feel with a cold/flu, which means the vaccine is working. But on the spectrum of all of the previous cold/flu symptoms I've had, these vaccine side effects would be just average.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I pulled the trigger on a leather jacket from Thedi though Thurston Bros. I should get the fit jacket next week. Getting leather and lining samples at the same time. I've asked for every leather they have in medium to dark brown. The below picture is washed cowhide.

Part of the reason I was drawn to Thedi was that I once took a side trip to Thessaloniki - kind of by accident. We were told by a cab driver it was not far from Sofia, where we were staying for a conference, so we rented a car and drove. I got heat stroke walking around the port, or perhaps it was a combination of that and the food not agreeing with me from my week in Bulgaria catching up with me. It turns out I got sick at a restaurant right down the street from Thedi's workshop. My colleagues laughed and told me that they were going to leave me for dead.
Thedi flight-1-9.jpg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wifey got her first Pfizer shot Monday as Virginia has opened up more appointments. I cycled over to Geoffrey Lewis yesterday and dropped off two NMWA additions to my pants rack: Rota in light gray LP wool/silk/linen fabric and the DBF white cotton hiking trousers. Cycled some extra miles then hit Kafe Leopold for brats and a Hemingway cocktail. Did anyone else watch the first part of the Ken Burns Hemingway documentary last night? It was smashing.

IMG_2272.jpg IMG_2271.jpg IMG_2281.jpg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't really wear their stuff apart from The Armoury's Model 3. Pretty decent prices here if you can find a fit.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads