• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am shocked to find out they went out of business. Felt it was always packed.

Yeah, me too. I think you may still be able to get the burgers in the remaining locations.

There are no remaining locations of any Ray’s restaurants. Michael Landrum, who ran the mini-empire, was not a great businessman. Hellburger was of the first local restaurants to get the “Obama ate here” boost. It was fun to follow where he ate and then watch that place become the new hot spot. But it doesn’t matter how many customers you have, if you don’t pay your bills.

I generally don’t discriminate with burgers. I like all of them. But I gave up on Hellburger. They were too juicy. I couldn’t make it through half the burger before the bun fell apart. I like Good Stuff’s burgers and shakes, but I find their fry situation puzzling. They have all these different dipping sauces. Great! Could they consider making a fry longer than 1/4 inch, so it actually is physically possible to dip it into their special dipping sauces?

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, sesame seed bun. That's all you need. Where would I find such a burger??

I see your Big Mick and raise you

1615036091579.png

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since we are talking about food.
I read about this place in Washingtonian and made a short drive for it. Def worth the drive.
fries were really good too View attachment 1568261

The honey sriracha fried chicken thigh sandwich from Roofer's Union is like heavenly ambrosia. Their fries suck balls tho

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been to Yardbird's Miami Beach location several times. It's good. Really, really good. The fried chicken in particular is to die for. I'll go as far as to say that it becomes the #1 brunch spot in DC the day it opens.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My parents called White Castle murder burgers.

:rotflmao:

After a night of hard drinking nothing is better than a rack of White Castle burgers. I snapped this pic in New York after a wedding reception and yes those were all mine! We started drinking outside the temple (Hindu) during the service (those services are fookin long) and kept going throughout the day and through reception #1 which I left around 2:30 AM. My liver was in distress that weekend my friends. I needed those burgers to get back to my bed plus restore me enough to appear alive for reception #2 the following evening (after the Christian service).

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Divij Bespoke coming to the area:
HEMRAJANI​

Dear Shawn,

We are pleased to let you know that Divij Hemrajani will be making a special visit to your area. We look forward to meeting you, and welcome the opportunity to be of service in any way we can.​

Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner Center Appointments
7901 Tysons One Pl, Tysons, VA 22102, United States
13 Mar Sat - 14 Mar Sun 09:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Click here to make reservation online

JW Marriott Washington, DC Appointments
1331 Pennsylvania Ave N W, Washington, DC 20004, United States
15 Mar Mon 09:00 AM - 08:00 PM
16 Mar Tue 09:00 AM - 02:00 PM
Click here to make reservation online

To schedule appointments please call 1-714-263-2406, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST. You can call the hotel on the above date and ask for Divij Hemrajani for appointment.

Best Regards,

Divij

Divij Bespoke
940 S Coast Dr Ste 240,
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Email: [email protected]
International: +1-714-263-2406
Toll Free: +1-888-263-2406
www.divij.com
Please consider the environment before printing this message.​

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Running errands on this breezy day. Really looking forward to the nicer weather coming up this week. New running shoes ready to go. Time to get out of the long winter descent into jellyfish-mode.

Belvest overcoat.

3E3A8882-4127-4485-AF57-B559E527B1FC.jpeg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sky Valet has a sale that includes some Crockett & Jones models. My old AE Liverpool Chelsea boots finally wore out. I had them refurbished once but there weren't holding up very well. AE has certainly decreased in quality over the years and I'm giving up on them. Grabbed a pair of C&J Lingfield dress Chelseas. They work very well with tailoring or casual.

1615070363166.png

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish In N Out would open out here. Could totally go for a double double animal style right now.

Got my test results back from the doc! My total cholesterol came down from 250 to 125. My TGL came down from 188 to 88. And my LDL came down from 182 to 75. I'm out of the danger zone and back to normal range. I'm clear to stop taking the cholesterol meds as long as I keep to my healthy choices. 3 months of discipline and new routine paid off.

Still gotta get the HDL level up 5+ points but I think that means I can start adding muscle building exercises back into the routine so that I can eat that poutine...

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still gotta get the HDL level up 5+ points but I think that means I can start adding muscle building exercises back into the routine so that I can eat that poutine...
My extended family in Minnesota slobs down Poutine like it's going out of style.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good write-up on Spice Kraft Indian restaurants in Alexandria and Clarendon. They definitely pass the samosa test.

"The bistro serves one of the biggest, and best, samosas around, their mashed potato centers green and herbal with a mint and cilantro paste. Eating a whole, thick-skinned samosa feels like dinner. Lentil soup is a lighter, but no less luscious, launch. Yellow lentils emphasize the sunny warmth of the dish, which relies on coconut milk as its base and turmeric for shade. (If you forgo the soup, be sure to include a side of yellow lentils, sharpened with fresh ginger and garlic, in your order.) I’ve made meals of just the smoky mashed eggplant, onion and tomato shot through with green chile and coriander, among other enhancers."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads