• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

trafficjam

Reaction score
There are so many kinds of burgers (like pizza) that I think it's weird to plant your flag on one specific one. I like the massive burgers, I like the little burgers, I like the stacked burgers, I like the burgers all covered in dumb extras, I like the burgers that are super greasy, I like the burgers that are relatively healthy, I like the deconstructed burgers, I like the burgers that are made of meats that aren't beef. I just don't necessarily want all of them at the same time. Pigeonholing yourself is a fool's errand!

Anyway, I get kinda queasy every time I eat at BGR for some reason, so it sits lower in my estimation. Elevation burger is great but doesn't scratch the gluttony itch - I'm always left feeling like I could eat a little bit more. This is kind of how I feel about Shake Shack, too. Good Stuff, though similar, doesn't induce this feeling in me. If you had to pin me to a 'best,' I think I'd go with Duke's Grocery. Once again, not the kind of burger I want to eat all the time, but never misses when I do go for it.

Honorable mention for Burger7 whose burger is perfectly fine but will, if cajoled, put a burger patty on top of the napkin zone fries for a makeshift garbage plate.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like burger joints like BGR and Black & Orange (RIP) that occupy the space between fast food and high-end restaurant.

5 Guys very close to my home. Just enough quality level above fast food, but nothing fancy. I'm not sure Shake Shake or the others are sufficiently above Burger King or Wendys to make a difference. Nearly anything is above McDonalds, even silly fancy stuff.

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any of you ever had Elevation Burger? My band used to practice at a space in Falls Church called Barco Rebar and would go to the original location (I think they're now all over the place) after every practice. Maybe I was always just really hungry at the time but I always thought it was some of the best burgers around.

Elevation makes a decent burger. I've been there a few times and enjoyed their wares.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
p.s. you should put this photo in for the new "Spring coat" Friday challenge.
Good idea! I was staring right into the sun and the funny look on my face is because I was basically blind.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a huge beef eater, and I find most burgers pretty hit or miss. Too much bread, too many toppings, not enough seasoning in the ground beef, freaking fried egg added on for no reason. I typically prefer lower-quality fast food burgers to high end restaurant burgers.

Granville Moore's on H Street makes a damn good burger.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
All this burger talk is making me miss Ray's Hellburger.
I am shocked to find out they went out of business. Felt it was always packed

Elevation makes a decent burger. I've been there a few times and enjoyed their wares.
Decent indeed. Been there few times but was never truly as satisfied compared to Shack or even 5 Guys

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Five Guys are at the absolute bottom for me. Patties too thin to cook any way other than well-done and soggy fries.

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd like to try one of Gordon Ramsay's burgers. The blend of meats looks so decadent. It wouldn't be cheap however it would be quite a treat.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
Since we are talking about food.
I read about this place in Washingtonian and made a short drive for it. Def worth the drive.
fries were really good too 60CE8FE4-E09C-4153-AD95-66FC6717914D.jpeg

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ate there once and couldn’t go back to work bc my stomach was dunzo.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since we are talking about food.
I read about this place in Washingtonian and made a short drive for it. Def worth the drive.
fries were really good too View attachment 1568261
Ok I am all about a discussion of spicy chicken sandwiches in the area. I like Roaming Rooster but there's ******* cilantro in their cole slaw.

Cilantro. In cole slaw.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads