• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a huge beef eater, and I find most burgers pretty hit or miss. Too much bread, too many toppings, not enough seasoning in the ground beef, freaking fried egg added on for no reason. I typically prefer lower-quality fast food burgers to high end restaurant burgers.
I greatly prefer seafood. Beef or pork just sits like a giant gut-bomb now.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a huge beef eater, and I find most burgers pretty hit or miss. Too much bread, too many toppings, not enough seasoning in the ground beef, freaking fried egg added on for no reason. I typically prefer lower-quality fast food burgers to high end restaurant burgers.

Beef, cheese, maybe a tomato slice, grease, bun that barely lasts through the eating process...that's it. You're absolutely right...a burger is nothing to overdo.

I'll also add (and some might disagree), that it shouldn't be overcooked and should still have some pink in the center.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beef, cheese, maybe a tomato slice, grease, bun that barely lasts through the eating process...that's it. You're absolutely right...a burger is nothing to overdo.
All-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, sesame seed bun. That's all you need. Where would I find such a burger??

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can make an excellent burger at home* with some 80/20 ground chuck, some salt, and pepper. Rarely do I find anything comparable at a restaurants whether they be low or high end.

*This is not an artifact of quarantine. I've been making burgers at home for many years.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like burger joints like BGR and Black & Orange (RIP) that occupy the space between fast food and high-end restaurant.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any of you ever had Elevation Burger? My band used to practice at a space in Falls Church called Barco Rebar and would go to the original location (I think they're now all over the place) after every practice. Maybe I was always just really hungry at the time but I always thought it was some of the best burgers around.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any of you ever had Elevation Burger? My band used to practice at a space in Falls Church called Barco Rebar and would go to the original location (I think they're now all over the place) after every practice. Maybe I was always just really hungry at the time but I always thought it was some of the best burgers around.

I don't think I have. Is there one in Tysons Galleria now or is that a different chain? There might be one in One Loudoun too? But if I'm eating burgers in One Loudoun it's going to be from "B" (Burgers, bourbon, beer)...whatever the real name of that place is.

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score

I'll also add (and some might disagree), that it shouldn't be overcooked and should still have some pink in the center.

Burgers should be rare. The inside shouldn't even be hot.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been a fan of Ghostburger recently, especially their cheesesteaks but their burgers are very good. Normal burger just has american cheese, red onion, pickle, sauce, 4 oz patties. Exactly the way I likes it. I hate bacon on burgers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads