• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, good to know! Ever gotten anything from them, bespoke or otherwise?

I've never set foot or ordered anything from the store. I've only talked with the tailors in passing. You have a good frame I would stick with Ezra and leave the bespoke nonsense alone. You're asking for a headache.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never set foot or ordered anything from the store. I've only talked with the tailors in passing. You have a good frame I would stick with Ezra and leave the bespoke nonsense alone. You're asking for a headache.
913778.jpg

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I've never purchased anything from them but I've browsed the store a few times. I like their stuff.

WSW

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of closing on a 1 bedroom condo in Clarendon and want to remodel/update the kitchen and bathroom along with furnishing/decorating the dining and living rooms.

Does anyone have recommendations for remodelers, contractors or interior designers in the DC area?

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Prince dance party.
For the record, I would wear this with crisp white trousers, black velvet slippers, no socks, and a white frilly shirt. And I would wear it to a French embassy ball where I know no one, get too drunk, and break something very expensive.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of closing on a 1 bedroom condo in Clarendon and want to remodel/update the kitchen and bathroom along with furnishing/decorating the dining and living rooms.

Does anyone have recommendations for remodelers, contractors or interior designers in the DC area?
Splendidandswanky on IG. Interior decorators.

Reactions: WSW

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

What's your style and budget? Remodeling isn't cheap.

WSW

Reaction score
What's your style and budget? Remodeling isn't cheap.
I'm trying to save as much money as possible. For the kitchen, thinking of repainting the existing cabinets while changing out the hardware, new floors, backsplash, countertop, sink and faucet. It's a small galley kitchen which could theoretically cut down on the costs.

In the bathroom, putting in a shower stall for the tub, new tiles, sink and vanity.

I kind of like the modern Scandinavian style for the living/dining rooms featured on BoConcept and Porcelanosa and Boffi for bathroom and kitchen. These are way above my budget so I look towards them more for inspiration.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went with the machine stitch route which was $85. Hand stitch would have been double that.

Hmmm. I have 2 overcoats that would do well with this treatment. I have been wanting to change the buttons on one of them for some time now so I guess I would have to decide on that first. How many buttons should there be at the cuff and what size? One coat has 2 larger buttons and the other has 3 smaller ones

GeoffreyB

Reaction score
Hmmm. I have 2 overcoats that would do well with this treatment. I have been wanting to change the buttons on one of them for some time now so I guess I would have to decide on that first. How many buttons should there be at the cuff and what size? One coat has 2 larger buttons and the other has 3 smaller ones

On dressier overcoats there tends to be (from what I see) usually 4 small buttons. However, that would depend on the type of overcoat you have. Is your coat a raglan type of style or a standard single or double breasted overcoat?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads