• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
Crap, was talking to a friend of mine via Hangout and he told me his brother-in-law got COVID and then spread it to him, his wife, his parents-in-law, and his two daughters. His wife did get 1 out of 2 vaccines (not sure if that's Pfizer or Moderna) but still got COVID. They reported high fever, inability to smell or taste, coughing, and lost of appetite. They went in full quarantine mode like a week ago and should come out fine. I hear once you get it your body has antibodies up to 6 months.

If there's a doctor on this thread, please confirm my last statement but I think this place is full of attorneys and CPAs.

EDIT: Forgot why I came here. Anybody a big fan of New Balance running shoes? :cool:

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you, but I'm planning on being blitzed by 12:05 PM tomorrow. :cheers: I don't want to try to kill an entire bottle of champagne by myself, but I've got a six-pack of hefeweizen beer ready to go.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
They went in full quarantine mode like a week ago and should come out fine. I hear once you get it your body has antibodies up to 6 months.
bro... i dont think even doctor's know at this point. I keep reading diff things

Sorry to hear that about your buddy.. hope his family will be good soon.

on a positive note, my grandma of 98 years of age had it... and according to her docs had a mild case of it... Praying she passed me her strong genes :slayer:

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
Crap, was talking to a friend of mine via Hangout and he told me his brother-in-law got COVID and then spread it to him, his wife, his parents-in-law, and his two daughters. His wife did get 1 out of 2 vaccines (not sure if that's Pfizer or Moderna) but still got COVID. They reported high fever, inability to smell or taste, coughing, and lost of appetite. They went in full quarantine mode like a week ago and should come out fine. I hear once you get it your body has antibodies up to 6 months.

If there's a doctor on this thread, please confirm my last statement but I think this place is full of attorneys and CPAs.

EDIT: Forgot why I came here. Anybody a big fan of New Balance running shoes? :cool:

Not a doctor, but:

1) I think the expectation is that the vaccine will work for more than 6 months. How long exactly is unknown. I think it's also generally the case with vaccines that they don't just suddenly stop working. Your body loses immunity gradually I believe.

2) I think with both Pfizer and Moderna the vaccine becomes increasingly effective over the first several weeks (I have in my head that it may even take 6 weeks to become fully effective) and of course they both become more effective once you get the second dose. We are still learning how effective just the first dose is.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On this day, I remember a story a friend told me about being in Cleveland Park Bar and Grill (great place) and seeing Kellyanne Conway come in, get absolutely shitfaced, and start talking very loudly about a bunch of insider-y Trump admin stuff. Classy bunch to the end.

Anyone have any good stories of seeing Trump admin people around the city? I think they were all pretty careful about not showing themselves in public too much but I hear Stephen Miller lived in a fancy condo in City Center and got yelled at on the street not infrequently.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any good stories of seeing Trump admin people around the city? I think they were all pretty careful about not showing themselves in public too much but I hear Stephen Miller lived in a fancy condo in City Center and got yelled at on the street not infrequently.
I don't, but I live in Adams Morgan so I wouldn't expect to. According to this 2018 Politico article, Trump's younger staffers congregate in SW from Navy Yard to the Wharf.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't, but I live in Adams Morgan so I wouldn't expect to. According to this 2018 Politico article, Trump's younger staffers congregate in SW from Navy Yard to the Wharf.
In fairness, I think pretty much everyone who's new to DC congregates between Navy Yard and the Wharf.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any prediction on where Biden/Harris staffers will hang out? Harris lived in West End when she was a Senator, but there's nothing there. I'm thinking H Street/NoMa.

Idesofmarch17

Reaction score

I have a Stephen Miller one - he went to get sushi at a place in Chinatown by his condo (which I’m sure was paid for by a donor or Russian, or likely both) and when he went in to pick up the sushi, the chef yelled at him to leave and ran him out the door. Once outside, Miller was a racist twat and then threw the sushi out in a garbage can by the street. It was a double victory for me - I saw Miller humiliated like the asshat he is, and he threw out his own sushi, so he didn’t get to enjoy the one thing he went out to eat. That guy should go back to the shadows of nowhere.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Stephen Miller one - he went to get sushi at a place in Chinatown by his condo (which I’m sure was paid for by a donor or Russian, or likely both) and when he went in to pick up the sushi, the chef yelled at him to leave and ran him out the door. Once outside, Miller was a racist twat and then threw the sushi out in a garbage can by the street. It was a double victory for me - I saw Miller humiliated like the asshat he is, and he threw out his own sushi, so he didn’t get to enjoy the one thing he went out to eat. That guy should go back to the shadows of nowhere.
That's ******* fantastic. Any idea which sushi spot it was? Was it the one in the Trump hotel?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I
That's ******* fantastic. Any idea which sushi spot it was? Was it the one in the Trump hotel?
That incident made the Wash Post I think. He did apparently live in City Center but I think he moved when he married an Orc or a goblin or something like that. Cave Troll?

Can't wait for life to return to normal in the city. Pandemic-normal but still...

Idesofmarch17

Reaction score
No it was one of the places in Chinatown - I can’t remember which one exactly, I saw it from the outside while walking home from work (my old office was in Chinatown). This had to be in late 2018.

What gets me still is that he seemed to assume people loved him for his racist nonsense. He kind of looked around for support, but ain’t anyone gonna help you honey in that area...and no sushi for him!

Idesofmarch17

Reaction score
I

That incident made the Wash Post I think. He did apparently live in City Center but I think he moved when he married an Orc or a goblin or something like that. Cave Troll?

Can't wait for life to return to normal in the city. Pandemic-normal but still...

I wonder if I witnessed that incident or if there were others? It wouldn’t shock me if it happened to him frequently.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads