• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't they shut down the bridges from VA? Or is that just to vehicle traffic? I'm not planning on going anywhere near downtown for the next week and hopefully things cool down a bit.
Key Bridge is still open and I think the 14th St bridge as it’s 395 highway.
Just found out cafe is not open until dinner anyway. Ugh.

dench127

Reaction score

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** continues to get real.

Soon only this guy will be able to get in:

View attachment 1536495
Impulse bought an Attolini tie from Cavour, got a shipping notice, then an out-of-stock notice. They graciously sent a one-use coupon code but don’t think I need it. Please use if anyone needs it. Also @clee1982

One Use Code: 443JRS - 30% Discount

I saw this movie.... pretty soon, Scarecrow gasses everyone with fear gas and there’s a riot, then Batman shows up to save the day....

Got that Ghostburger cheesesteak last night. It was very very good. The burger is also good. I wasn't as crazy about the fried chicken sandwich because they use thigh instead of breast meat. Yes, I ate a lot last night.

That is a lot of food!

IMHO, chicken thighs are superior to breasts in many applications, but not fried chx sandwiches, which certainly calls for breast meat.

I’ve used it. Some jackets I’ve been eyeing. Thanks!

This is just one reason why I love this forum..... so many just decent people, paying it forward. Cheers @smittycl

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For reference (from secret service)
IMG_20210117_112948.jpg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For reference (from secret service)
I cycled through the city this morning using the Key Bridge there and back. Central DC is basically what Baghdad looked like in 2004 minus the helicopters and the odd rockets or mortar round impacting around.

No cars allowed close but pedestrians and cyclists have a bit more access. National Guard and every three-letter Federal LE agency had folks everywhere. At least the officers were in their uniforms with agencies labeled. Not like Barr’s anonymous Goon Patrol from over the summer.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live in Adams Morgan. It's perfectly safe. Please come visit!

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All clear in Brookland so far, unless the rioters decide they want to take over Catholic U and install a new pope.
I doubt there will be any mass gatherings this week. Everything is locked down hard.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
Was at Jack Rose yesterday to watch the Browns game. All seemed good. Can't believe they banned smoking on the roof top.
they are still alive? I thought they were shutting down when they had their inventory sale in 2020? guess it was just to get some cash... my buddy went and he said it was a huuuuuge line. lol... talking about staying inside no matter the cause, in this case a cause of a good deal on some whiskey was in effect :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics