• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As Yoda would say, "Want or want not. There is no need."

:devil:
As Yoda would also say: "Sales are the path to the dark side. Sales lead to jawnz, jawnz lead to more jawnz, too many jawnz leads to suffering." I think that was in the prequels.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Based on he nail pattern and closed channel sole, I assume they are handgrade Crockett and Jones. You're never going to beat that price.
I think Mashburn said they used Alfred Sargent.
I'd also thought Sid uses Sargent, but the nail pattern on the heel does indeed look more like C&J handgrade.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, yes there is. I kopped a vest in the first round, glad i did, since my size is now gone.

Like, I really don't need to buy anything right now. But holy crap this coat is amazing:

Yep, this coat is amazing, no room in the coat closet atm though ?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, this coat is amazing, no room in the coat closet atm though ?
When I run out of closet space, I hang two pieces of outerwear on the same hanger. Either a heavier coat over a thinner jacket/coat or a vest over a jacket. Shackets are particularly good as the first layer.

Last edited:

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Mashburn said they used Alfred Sargent.

Maybe I'm confusing my nail patterns. I didn't check on my shoes directly as I own both. AS cost a little less than C&J handgrade, but are similar quality IMO. They have closed channels, a little more shaping in the waist, and use high quality materials. Still a tremendous bargain.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I run out of closet space, I hang two pieces of outerwear on the same hanger. Either a heavier coat over a thinner jacket/coat or a vest over a jacket. Shackets are particularly good as the first layer.
I usually just get rid of old **** I don't wear anymore.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got this for wifey as she brought the Fox blanket down from her home office and graciously allowed me and the cats to use it.

Last edited:

dc_slicker

Reaction score
6D9841E5-47BD-4A6B-8908-9C59592842EC.png

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
**** continues to get real.

Soon only this guy will be able to get in:

1610756001094.png

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Impulse bought an Attolini tie from Cavour, got a shipping notice, then an out-of-stock notice. They graciously sent a one-use coupon code but don’t think I need it. Please use if anyone needs it. Also @clee1982

One Use Code: 443JRS - 30% Discount

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got that Ghostburger cheesesteak last night. It was very very good. The burger is also good. I wasn't as crazy about the fried chicken sandwich because they use thigh instead of breast meat. Yes, I ate a lot last night.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got that Ghostburger cheesesteak last night. It was very very good. The burger is also good. I wasn't as crazy about the fried chicken sandwich because they use thigh instead of breast meat. Yes, I ate a lot last night.
Had a couple Troegenators while half-watching football but fell asleep during the second game. Now sitting with coffee, newspapers and stupid cat (who likes to shred my paper). Thinking of walking into Georgetown for lunch at Kafe Leopold. Feels like a bratwurst day.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a couple Troegenators while half-watching football but fell asleep during the second game. Now sitting with coffee, newspapers and stupid cat (who likes to shred my paper). Thinking of walking into Georgetown for lunch at Kafe Leopold. Feels like a bratwurst day.
Didn't they shut down the bridges from VA? Or is that just to vehicle traffic? I'm not planning on going anywhere near downtown for the next week and hopefully things cool down a bit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads