• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

Idesofmarch17

Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving, my fellow DC residents. It's going to be just me wife and the kids. We cannot eat turkey and cannot prepare for big meals because a drunk driver screwed up our backs about 2 years ago...(and I can't cook). Will be picking up my Thanksgiving meal at the Founding Farmers Distiller today in an attempt to keep up with the theme.

Y'all have a safe and wonder Thanksgiving.
Same to you and everyone else! My fiancé and I hate turkey so just ham here!

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We made these last night. Turkey dry-brined for three days now cooking! Happy Thanksgiving!

5618F6A1-1663-4284-9E04-61F000FA647E.jpeg 62A40AD9-0835-42B7-AEC5-F977D0EF24F8.jpeg

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! The bakery in our neighborhood (Baker's Lounge in Brookland) makes possibly the best apple pie I've ever had, so we pre-ordered one like 3 weeks ago before we ended up cancelling our plans. Now I have a whole apple pie to myself and I couldn't be happier.
20201125_223149.jpg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Had a solid, quiet thanksgiving with my mother. I'm not a huge fan of "traditional" thanksgiving food so was glad to order onion crusted salmon (mother) and a pot roast (me) from Gladchucks in Fredrick, MD. I also ordered another set of meals so we have left overs.

Really bummed about the new restrictions on restaurant service to 10pm.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright! My contribution to the 2020 Thanksgiving Spoo-stravaganza is up! I bought 3m of Dieworkwear's Summer Tweed with every intention of having it made up but changed my mind. It's a seriously nice fabric but was fairly close to other stuff I have so I decided to pass.

I mentioned in one of the threads here on Styleforum that I was hesitating on making it up and I quickly got more DMs than a 12-year-old boy logging into a NAMBLA chat room.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Black Friday haul: hair and face products that I use that rarely go on sale, cocktail coupe glasses, clear plastic shoe boxes from the Container Store for seasonal shoe storage. Can you beat that for excitement? :crackup:

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Black Friday haul: hair and face products that I use that rarely go on sale, cocktail coupe glasses, clear plastic shoe boxes from the Container Store for seasonal shoe storage. Can you beat that for excitement? :crackup:

Started the firepit around1PM, did a little shopping from my phone while keeping the fire stocked. Bought my wife a rumpl blanket...

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend someone local to do a hem a pair of jeans and finish with a chain stitch. I was asking this alterations woman and she quoted me $30. However, I'm not sure she knows what a chain stitch is. There was a little bit of a language barrier.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend someone local to do a hem a pair of jeans and finish with a chain stitch. I was asking this alterations woman and she quoted me $30. However, I'm not sure she knows what a chain stitch is. There was a little bit of a language barrier.
I've no idea what a chain stitch is...sorry I couldn't help.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads