• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two white Sartorio dress shirts and this Canali polo sweater. Finally settled on one after missing the DBF. KInd of nice to order a brand that I can trust on sizing at least.

1606341499703.png

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so... what did everyone get for Black Friday?
Nothing. I vowed at the beginning of the year to make it a clothing-purchase-free year, and I'm sticking to it.

Although I owe a $2K balance on a watch that's going to be delivered next month. That's not clothing, right? :embar:

dc_slicker

Reaction score
Nothing. I vowed at the beginning of the year to make it a clothing-purchase-free year, and I'm sticking to it.

Although I owe a $2K balance on a watch that's going to be delivered next month. That's not clothing, right? :embar:
Nice. What watch did you get?

yes, we are back to watch discussion ?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice. What watch did you get?

yes, we are back to watch discussion ?
The Aquastar Deepstar Re-edition in Steel Grey. I'm a sucker for chronographs (this will be my fifth), and this watch does not duplicate anything I already own. I will have eight watches in my regular rotation when this watch arrives and I hope that's the end of the horological road for me. Famous last words.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so... what did everyone get for Black Friday?

Nothing this year. I did some shopping earlier this month at No Man (where they said they would match BF sale if item went on sale. After that, I’m told I’m difficult to shop for, so I have to hold off any more purchases until after Christmas

picked up some American Trench boot socks for my bro-in-law (who specifically asked for boot socks as he just moved to Chicago).

She won’t notice if I buy some socks will she?

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Scratchy" wool doesn't seem to bother me. Then again my mother used to dress us (my lil brother and me) in tweed pants and suits during the winter when we were kids. I'm not sure if it was Donegal or Cheviot tweed but it was always speckled and was warm as hell. Perhaps I built up some kind of immunity lol

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I assume that everyone will be hunkering down with their immediate household rather than visiting relatives tomorrow?

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I assume that everyone will be hunkering down with their immediate household rather than visiting relatives tomorrow?
Hunkering down tomorrow with just the s/o. Menu is crab cakes, green beans, mac and cheese, rolls, lots of bourbon.

Tonight, however, it's drinksgiving at Bar Charley. Outside, very well spaced with heaters.
20201125_205528.jpg
I'll let the menu explain what a Quack Quackerac is.
20201125_205645.jpg

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mitchells used to dump excess stock at the Filene's Basement on Connecticut Avenue (RIP :() all the time. I wonder where it goes now.
Yeah, I recall in 2008 or so getting a couple of G Vasta suits at Filene's for around $500. They had Mitchell's $2500 tags on them. Great suits, I still wear them and they look good. You used to be able to get some great deals at that Filene's, and the one on 14th street in the Press Building basement. I don't know where that stuff goes now. Not TJ Maxx or Nordstrom Rack

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving, my fellow DC residents. It's going to be just me wife and the kids. We cannot eat turkey and cannot prepare for big meals because a drunk driver screwed up our backs about 2 years ago...(and I can't cook). Will be picking up my Thanksgiving meal at the Founding Farmers Distiller today in an attempt to keep up with the theme.

Y'all have a safe and wonder Thanksgiving.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads