• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SuSu outlet is open (some good full canvas Jort line options) and Cavour has some really nice stuff (Fox, loro piana, etc.) on sale (their Mod 2 is similar to SM Neo cut and tends to be full canvas).

Might add a db charcoal suit and maybe an emerald green dinner jacket.
Is the green dinner jacket velvet? Cause that would be sick.

A DB charcoal suit is probably going to be my next commission from Ezra. He's got a bolt of this awesome 300g wool/mohair from Cerruti and hopefully there's still enough left come May when getting a new suit maybe won't be a total waste of money.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the green dinner jacket velvet? Cause that would be sick.

A DB charcoal suit is probably going to be my next commission from Ezra. He's got a bolt of this awesome 300g wool/mohair from Cerruti and hopefully there's still enough left come May when getting a new suit maybe won't be a total waste of money.
Yeah, it's from their Lazio line and it says velvet.

I'm waffling a bit on it due to uncertainty about the sizing, but may just take a gamble b/c it's so cheap.

And I'm probably going to pass on the db charcoal for now even though it's such a steal at $400. No real need for one unless I go back to a formal work environment in the future.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
I have one of their umbrellas that has lasted years. I called out KW a few years ago when he apparently had his midlife crisis and went caravanning around Europe. It was all kind of funny.
Lasted? Did it break?

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sunday funday at great falls.
A692A537-A15B-44B7-B825-45CD5F256092.jpeg

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
Yeah, the Maryland side is nicer. More places to walk and climb.
The MD side is just so crowded though. You can never escape other people. Plenty of places on theVA side that don’t have a conga line on the trail.

I'm just a Marylander. That's all I really meant, though I do agree that there is more to do on the Maryland side. You have the canal. There's that cool part where you can walk across an offshoot of the falls. Plus trails. It also shouldn't be crowded if you don't go on a weekend or holiday.

On a different note, Natalino came out with their first ever collection of sport jackets today and I decided to buy one. They have free returns, so there's not too much to lose, just the original shipping cost. Most of my jackets thus far are either Ring Jacket by the Armoury or Orazio, so this is definitely a different price bracket (it came to ~$500 with shipping). I'll be interested to see how they compare. I'm not expecting the same quality, but the fabric selection was good (I like their offerings more than offerings elsewhere this season), the cut looked good based on the few pictures they had, the jackets are made in Naples, and I have been very impressed with the cut and fabric of the 6 pairs of trousers I have from them (their grey linen trousers, which I have and like a lot are currently on sale). We'll see how this goes.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just a Marylander. That's all I really meant, though I do agree that there is more to do on the Maryland side. You have the canal. There's that cool part where you can walk across an offshoot of the falls. Plus trails. It also shouldn't be crowded if you don't go on a weekend or holiday.

On a different note, Natalino came out with their first ever collection of sport jackets today and I decided to buy one. They have free returns, so there's not too much to lose, just the original shipping cost. Most of my jackets thus far are either Ring Jacket by the Armoury or Orazio, so this is definitely a different price bracket (it came to ~$500 with shipping). I'll be interested to see how they compare. I'm not expecting the same quality, but the fabric selection was good (I like their offerings more than offerings elsewhere this season), the cut looked good based on the few pictures they had, the jackets are made in Naples, and I have been very impressed with the cut and fabric of the 6 pairs of trousers I have from them (their grey linen trousers, which I have and like a lot are currently on sale). We'll see how this goes.
I'd never heard for Natalino before. Wares look very similar to Anglo-Italian but less expensive. Am curious to hear how it turns out!

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score
I'd never heard for Natalino before. Wares look very similar to Anglo-Italian. Am curious to hear how it turns out!

I only have pants from them, but I like them a good deal. They fit me better than the Anglo-Italian ones do. A bit roomier throughout and cleaner lines. The fabrics are nice, but the make isn't quite as good. Good enough for me though, especially at half the price.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only have pants from them, but I like them a good deal. They fit me better than the Anglo-Italian ones do. A bit roomier throughout and cleaner lines. The fabrics are nice, but the make isn't quite as good. Good enough for me though, especially at half the price.
I had to consign a pair of Anglo-Italian pants as they fit way too slim for me. Thanks for the heads-up on Natalino!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads