• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I lived in a battleground state rather than the most liberal jurisdiction in the country, I would vote in person rather than by mail (which I did). Call me paranoid, but I expect all kinds of shenanigans to go on today and the next few weeks.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From Twitter:

A23733CD-ADD0-4E77-95E4-B5D64A574857.jpeg

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my exact experience this morning... i got some headphones to listen to podcast as I feared long lines, etc... I walked in and sat down to vote after presenting my id.. i was told it was due to massive early voting turnout.

Possibly true, but I've never had to wait in any past election either.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ex used to drag me to Busboys & Poets on election night. We ended up outside the white house in 2012.

I would have preferred to watch at Shelly's Backroom while smoking a stogie

My buddy use to see MJ rip cigars at Shelly's whenever Charlotte would come in for games. He said he went through 3 cigars in a 4 hour time period...….

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I lived in a battleground state rather than the most liberal jurisdiction in the country, I would vote in person rather than by mail (which I did). Call me paranoid, but I expect all kinds of shenanigans to go on today and the next few weeks.
We have a hotly contested at-large Council race though! And we can always count on shenanigans from Vince Orange.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a hotly contested at-large Council race though! And we can always count on shenanigans from Vince Orange.
I had no idea who to choose from that long list and I wasn't about to do research on all the candidates. I went with Marcus Goodwin (endorsed by the Post) and Monica Palacio (civil rights lawyer like me).

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had no idea who to choose from that long list and I wasn't about to do research on all the candidates. I went with Marcus Goodwin (endorsed by the Post) and Monica Palacio (civil rights lawyer like me).
Yeah I really can't believe this number of candidates stayed in until the end when only 3 or so aside from the incumbent Robert White had any significant support.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are you all drinking tonight? I'm a cocktail drinker and have sworn off beer as empty calories, but I'm thinking of a nice Saison. Need to pace myself for a long night and cocktails go too quickly.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are you all drinking tonight? I'm a cocktail drinker and have sworn off beer as empty calories, but I'm thinking of a nice Saison. Need to pace myself for a long night and cocktails go too quickly.
My thoughts exactly. A nice Spanish Rioja will get me through the evening without knocking me out!

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same as any other night...a beer or two and asleep by 10:15. I say you're wasting your time expecting a result tonight.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brooks Brothers OCBDs are 50% off on the website. Picked up a milano-fit turquoise university stripe in my difficult-to-find 14.5 size for $70. This is without question the most significant event of the day.
I'm eyeing some outer wear but the prices just went back up from whatever sale they were running. I can outwait them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads