• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6:25 wake up :crazy:.

1A51F126-30FC-4154-969D-9D51AA2B2BD4.jpeg

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some businesses in DC have begun boarding up their windows in anticipation of possible social unrest tonight. Vote and stay safe, everyone!

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some businesses in DC have begun boarding up their windows in anticipation of possible social unrest tonight. Vote and stay safe, everyone!
I cycled in at 0500 this morning. Entire town seems boarded up and quiet. Lots of plywood over windows and doors. Only activity was the fence installers around the WH putting up Jersey barriers and metal fencing.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What? DC had some great winter nightlife options - unfortunately many are closed. My favorite neighborhood place is putting up some firepits and tenting for their decent patio seating.
Wife and I have an annual tradition of mixing fireball into hot chocolate and getting blitzed at zoolights. That's the only cold-weather outdoor drinking I can handle.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wife and I have an annual tradition of mixing fireball into hot chocolate and getting blitzed at zoolights. That's the only cold-weather outdoor drinking I can handle.
I miss the Christmas Markets in Europe. Snowy and cold but everyone outside with hot Gluhwein, beer, brats and such. Very festive.

A6708F47-40E6-44EA-8E55-D90A40E39EF0.jpeg

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I miss the Christmas Markets in Europe. Snowy and cold but everyone outside with hot Gluhwein, beer, brats and such. Very festive.

View attachment 1489712
i miss them too, and I only discovered them last year

I have the world's best polling place. Walked in, voted, walked out...no waiting. Less than ten minutes all in including parking.
Can’t beat voting at your dining room table though

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can’t beat voting at your dining room table though

True, but it was nice to put on proper clothes and go out in public. Aside from my house and my office, the polling place today was the first building I've been in since March.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In past elections (both presidential and mid-term) I used to get together with a few friends at Old Ebbitt and watch results come in. Even though it's very "stuffy DC" I think Old Ebbitt is a great historical space with good food since it's owned by Clyde's.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In past elections (both presidential and mid-term) I used to get together with a few friends at Old Ebbitt and watch results come in. Even though it's very "stuffy DC" I think Old Ebbitt is a great historical space with good food since it's owned by Clyde's.
I love Old Ebbitt. Great DC watering hole. Haven’t been there since Covid unfortunately. Saw Mnuchin there once.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ex used to drag me to Busboys & Poets on election night. We ended up outside the white house in 2012.

I would have preferred to watch at Shelly's Backroom while smoking a stogie

dc_slicker

Reaction score
I have the world's best polling place. Walked in, voted, walked out...no waiting. Less than ten minutes all in including parking.
my exact experience this morning... i got some headphones to listen to podcast as I feared long lines, etc... I walked in and sat down to vote after presenting my id.. i was told it was due to massive early voting turnout.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics