• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Three facts about me:

1) I believe in climate change.
2) I didn't vote for Trump in 2016 and I won't vote for him this time.
3) I am violently opposed to talking about or reading about anything of actual significance when I'm on SF.

This place is supposed to be an escape from all that BS. At least keep it to GC so I can avoid it.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Three facts about me:

3) I am violently opposed to talking about or reading about anything of actual significance when I'm on SF.

This place is supposed to be an escape from all that BS. At least keep it to GC so I can avoid it.
I love this game! I think...#3 is the lie.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Three facts about me:

I can see only one of us was breast fed.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, all that from lamenting that my outerwear sits unused!

Next up: Tales from my sock drawer. How many is too many?

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apologies to all for my complaints in public. I should've just put smitty on ignore a long time ago and saved everyone the trouble.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apologies to all for my complaints in public. I should've just put smitty on ignore a long time ago and saved everyone the trouble.
I didn’t sense that we were at odds to the levels you are indicating, dude.

I admit I can go on tangents occasionally.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's never such thing as "too many" socks...

Case in point. Overflowing to the brim, but always room for more. My monstrously organized sock and French fragrance drawer...

IMG_3039.jpg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, all that from lamenting that my outerwear sits unused!

Next up: Tales from my sock drawer. How many is too many?
There's never such thing as "too many" socks...

I have two sock drawers, both near overflowing, one for thinner socks, the other is for boot socks. And yeah, what EA said, no such thing as too many socks.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Combining the sock discussion with an earlier discussion on synthetic fabrics, I think socks are one garment where I prefer some nylon. Personal preference of mine, but all-cotton and all-merino socks feel too delicate, even for dress socks. The nylon doesn't deteriorate as long as you wash in cold water and hang dry and it makes the socks feel sturdier and more substantial.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Combining the sock discussion with an earlier discussion on synthetic fabrics, I think socks are one garment where I prefer some nylon. Personal preference of mine, but all-cotton and all-merino socks feel too delicate, even for dress socks. The nylon doesn't deteriorate as long as you wash in cold water and hang dry and it makes the socks feel sturdier and more substantial.

I could not concur more strongly. No synthetics in anything other than socks, and in socks, some synthetic is a must.

Work out clothes are the obvious other exception.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could not concur more strongly. No synthetics in anything other than socks, and in socks, some synthetic is a must.

Work out clothes are the obvious other exception.
Same here exactly. Socks need some stretch. I was an all-cotton hold out in exercise gear for a while but synthetics really can’t be beat so I shifted over.

I also shifted to Tommy John undergarments that are 90% Modal with 10% synthetic for stretch.

I got yelled at in the Drake’s thread again for complaining that they were asking $2k for a synthetic blend suit.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads