• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great! My Navy knit tie is one of my most worn ties. Your green is a great color.

They are also great for travel (not that anyone is going on any business trips any time soon) but they work (at least for me) for most business occasions, and can take some beating while being packed.
I probably wouldn't wear this outfit in front of a judge, but I have a non-court meeting today so figured this would work well.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It occurred to me today that I must be watching too much of the Armoury's YouTube channel because I apparently modeled that jacket almost exactly off their Model 3.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A fool and his money are soon parted:

No disrespect to anyone who lives in one of those brand-new, luxury apartment buildings that seem to have sprung up in the DC area like mushrooms after a rainstorm, but I've never understood the need to spend a lot of money on an apartment rental.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No disrespect to anyone who lives in one of those brand-new, luxury apartment buildings that seem to have sprung up in the DC area like mushrooms after a rainstorm, but I've never understood the need to spend a lot of money on an apartment rental.
Rents are going through the roof. Arlington is @&!# expensive!

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really liking this and I think NMWA is about to stock it as they carry this brand now. Cant justify another work coat/shirt jacket, though. Have two already and a MTO Inglese hopefully arriving soon.

EDIT: stocking in two weeks...

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rents are going through the roof. Arlington is @&!# expensive!
It's been a few years since I've rented but I have friends telling me rents in the city are cratering right now! People getting their pay cut or on mandatory rework all leaving for the suburbs so vacancies are skyrocketing. Wondering if that means higher rents in the suburbs?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been a few years since I've rented but I have friends telling me rents in the city are cratering right now! People getting their pay cut or on mandatory rework all leaving for the suburbs so vacancies are skyrocketing. Wondering if that means higher rents in the suburbs?
I know home prices have skyrocketed as it’s a seller’s market apparently. I sold my home in 2016 and am enjoying being mortgage-free for the time being. Will make more permanent plans once my kids are settled in their adult lives (if that even happens anymore).

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you're a player on the Caps, Wizards, or Nats and only need it 6 months a year b/c you prefer to live somewhere else in the offseason and your salary is in the 8 figures or even high 7 figures. (I don't know what hockey players are paid, but I assume some reach 8 figures.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is a fair price to pay for rent in the metro area?
The last apartment I rented was in downtown Silver Spring (about a block from the SS metro). Rent in 2016 was $2100 for a 1200sqft 2br/2ba. I thought that was fair. By comparison, my 575sqft 1-br one block from the Cleveland Park station was $1900 in 2014. That was not fair.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads