• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel ashamed to say I have never been to Tyson's Corner. What am I missing?
The Galleria is all luxury brands. Not very interesting anymore and just stuff you can see online.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally catching up on this show on Hulu. Had the book on my shelf for years but never read it. Also, sitting by open window and neighbors upstairs on about their fifth joint I think. My cats are perplexed, sniffing air like the catnip hounds they are...

plyonsla

Reaction score
Had a chance to wear my Brimble & Clark MTM suit today (previously discussed in this thread with pics of the suit not worn). Would be curious about anyone’s thoughts on the fit.

Attachments

• E528F39D-C0CB-4141-A750-B7B47EDF1AA7.jpeg
    E528F39D-C0CB-4141-A750-B7B47EDF1AA7.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 14
  • C67739CC-C138-4204-BAB0-56F1FCBF58A6.jpeg
    C67739CC-C138-4204-BAB0-56F1FCBF58A6.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 228C0CCF-4429-4BB1-B5D3-BCCB4E993EB6.jpeg
    228C0CCF-4429-4BB1-B5D3-BCCB4E993EB6.jpeg
    275.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 6FE74FAB-7A54-4FBF-BB8F-43CEF4670D5A.jpeg
    6FE74FAB-7A54-4FBF-BB8F-43CEF4670D5A.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 15
  • EB22311C-E65A-482E-8D20-039D629F291C.jpeg
    EB22311C-E65A-482E-8D20-039D629F291C.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 23

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a chance to wear my Brimble & Clark MTM suit today (previously discussed in this thread with pics of the suit not worn). Would be curious about anyone’s thoughts on the fit.
I'm terrible at judging fit pic photos. Camera angles, lighting, etc, always make clothes look very different in the photos than they do in real life, especially the back of the jacket.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm terrible at judging fit pic photos. Camera angles, lighting, etc, always make clothes look very different in the photos than they do in real life, especially the back of the jacket.
Yeah, it’s hard for the most part. Just a SWAG:

- jackets look pretty good from the front
- can’t see any dress shirt cuff, though. Sleeves a hair too long?
- jacket bunches in back a little as mentioned and looks a little tight in waist making it grab your hips a little. Let it out a bit?

TheShetlandSweater

Reaction score

Front looks decent overall from a fit perspective. The chest is bowing out some which probably implies that the jacket is a bit tight. Back is not good at all. Looks much too tight. Perhaps letting out the jacket in the waist will make it better. Sleeves don't look great. In general, tailoring should fit cleanly. You shouldn't see major ripples.

If I were you, I would try to get the back cleaned up to make it wearable. I don't see anything from a style or fit perspective to make me think highly of the makers of this suit. I wouldn't go back to them if I were you.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our cat took over a drawer in my closet (and another in my wife's closet!) so I put a cat bed in there which she used for months and then stopped. I let some time go by then took out the cat bed and reclaimed the drawer for some sweaters. Came home to find this today. Must leave closet door closed from now on.

She's laying on my GRP sweater from NMWA and the new Ikiji is right below it!

IMG_1402 (1).jpg

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Our cat took over a drawer in my closet (and another in my wife's closet!) so I put a cat bed in there which she used for months and then stopped. I let some time go by then took out the cat bed and reclaimed the drawer for some sweaters. Came home to find this today. Must leave closet door closed from now on.

She's laying on my GRP sweater from NMWA and the new Ikiji is right below it!

View attachment 1480422
The cat, like @hpreston 's wife, is incensed that you keep ordering fancy sweaters for yourself and nothing for her.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The cat, like @hpreston 's wife, is incensed that you keep ordering fancy sweaters for yourself and nothing for her.
I think she played me like a fiddle. Pretended to not like the drawer knowing I'd stock it with soft stuff.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a Fed with a lot of use-or-lose leave, so I'm taking off work beginning next Monday through the election. Obviously, there are significant restrictions on places to visit now. I was planning a trip to Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, then Pennsylvania was put on the list of high-risk areas that require 14-day quarantine upon return to DC. Instead, I'm thinking of a lot of visits to DC museums, with a possible day trip to Baltimore and an overnight trip to Richmond. I welcome any additional suggestions of how to spend my "vacation." I don't have a car and don't want to rent one, and am skittish about flying.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a Fed with a lot of use-or-lose leave, so I'm taking off work beginning next Monday through the election. Obviously, there are significant restrictions on places to visit now. I was planning a trip to Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, then Pennsylvania was put on the list of high-risk areas that require 14-day quarantine upon return to DC. Instead, I'm thinking of a lot of visits to DC museums, with a possible day trip to Baltimore and an overnight trip to Richmond. I welcome any additional suggestions of how to spend my "vacation." I don't have a car and don't want to rent one, and am skittish about flying.

Train to Harper's Ferry, then backpacking on the AT?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, WV is on the list.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics