• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can find some gems if you
There is a NMLC in downtown DC near the Metro Center station. It's full of junk. Much better is the Saks Off Fifth next door. I've spotted Corneliani, Canali, and Isaia suits there.
You can find some gems if your visit coincides with a drop from the main stores. Still missing the Barneys store in Leesburg. I think Zegna still has a store in Clarksburg.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have to do a work thing next week that's going to require me to be in a closed space so went down to Judiciary Square for a free COVID test. Was really quick and painless, and they were offering free flu shots at the same location so was able to take care of that at the same time. They said it would take 5-7 days for the test results but I'm hoping they're giving conservative estimates and they have them ready sooner than that.

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Have to do a work thing next week that's going to require me to be in a closed space so went down to Judiciary Square for a free COVID test. Was really quick and painless, and they were offering free flu shots at the same location so was able to take care of that at the same time. They said it would take 5-7 days for the test results but I'm hoping they're giving conservative estimates and they have them ready sooner than that.
They were saying 7 days before and it took them 3 weeks for someone that almost got me sick. I only know it took so long because I had to quarantine 2 weeks until their results came back.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They were saying 7 days before and it took them 3 weeks for someone that almost got me sick. I only know it took so long because I had to quarantine 2 weeks until their results came back.
I had heard from other people who tested more recently that they got results in 48 hours but it seems like it's still all over the place and there's no consistent time frame for getting results back in a reasonable amount of time.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you’re a college football player you can get the new instant test. No idea if it works.

I guess the trouble is that you could easily get exposed after taking the test anyway.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this a jury trial? A few months ago I was called for jury duty in the federal district court in DC. Then that court suspended in-person jury trials for the foreseeable future.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
i haven't done the test... how is it done? is it this long needlelike swap way up your nose? or something else?

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this a jury trial? A few months ago I was called for jury duty in the federal district court in DC. Then that court suspended in-person jury trials for the foreseeable future.
No, jail visit. I've been holding off on doing them for the past 6 months cause I really don't want to be responsible for spreading the virus in there but it's now an unfortunate necessity. No jury trials in DC federal or superior court for the foreseeable future.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i haven't done the test... how is it done? is it this long needlelike swap way up your nose? or something else?
Swab up the nose but it wasn't very far up. There was a diagram going around in the early days of testing showing up a swab going so far up the nose it was practically poking the brain and I think that scared a ton of people away from getting a test. It was a single swab circled a few times inside each nostril. It was mildly uncomfortable only for a second.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
Swab up the nose but it wasn't very far up. There was a diagram going around in the early days of testing showing up a swab going so far up the nose it was practically poking the brain and I think that scared a ton of people away from getting a test. It was a single swab circled a few times inside each nostril. It was mildly uncomfortable only for a second.
i had one of those brain pokes done on me to do some allergy/mold test... makes your eyes burst in uncontrolled tears.

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
No, jail visit. I've been holding off on doing them for the past 6 months cause I really don't want to be responsible for spreading the virus in there but it's now an unfortunate necessity. No jury trials in DC federal or superior court for the foreseeable future.
Has anyone argued this is constitutionally questionable due to "right to a speedy trial"?

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone argued this is constitutionally questionable due to "right to a speedy trial"?
Yeah it's being challenged on exactly those grounds, especially for people who are in jail before their trial (who typically have a right to a trial within 100 days of their arrest under DC law).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads