• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is your local Indian spot? Too often the Indian places that get recommended in DC are "higher end" and not the typical curry house I look for. During COVID I actually nailed how to make curry after months of cooking at home which has saved me a ton of money.
Masala Story in Brookland. Very very tasty.

I've also been working on my Indian cooking this past few months. Got some nice spices from my mother and my saag is getting really good.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curry & Pie in Georgetown is excellent but no beer unfortunately.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Delhi Dhaba is not bad I guess. Rasika is great but hard to get into. Rasika West also good. Haven’t tried Urban Tandoor is Ballston yet.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
My picks for Indian food
Jaipur Royal Indian Cuisine in Fairfax for N. Indian. Saravana in Fairfax for great S. Indian Vegetarian.
Curry Mantra on Main Street (RT 236) just past Burke Station Rd is absolutely wonderful
IndAroma
Bollywood in downtown Fairfax

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Delhi Dhaba is not bad I guess. Rasika is great but hard to get into. Rasika West also good. Haven’t tried Urban Tandoor is Ballston yet.
Not a fan of Delhi Dhaba compared to Delhi club. Rasika delivers now. Wife and I celebrated our anniversary with their food. Travels well.

urban tandoor has awesome momos.

OldTown

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
My picks for Indian food
Jaipur Royal Indian Cuisine in Fairfax for N. Indian. Saravana in Fairfax for great S. Indian Vegetarian.
Curry Mantra on Main Street (RT 236) just past Burke Station Rd is absolutely wonderful
IndAroma
I was going to mention Jaipur as well but figured nobody here would care because of its location. It's the best Indian buffet I've had. My new favorite is Spice Kraft Indian Bistro.

Delhi Dhaba gave me food poisoning the first time I had it so I never tried it again.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone like Merzi? :hide:

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone like Merzi? :hide:
Merzi is next door to my office and I legit think it's great. Back in the before times I got it for lunch all the time (they would give me a "neighbor" discount). There's another local Indian chain called Spice 6 that just opened up a location in Chinatown that I haven't tried but my wife tells me is really good.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My picks for Indian food
IndAroma
I don't know all these suburban Indian places! Back when my family lived in the area, we would go to Tiffin in College Park all the time for South Indian food (back then it was called Udupi).

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to mention Jaipur as well but figured nobody here would care because of its location. It's the best Indian buffet I've had. My new favorite is Spice Kraft Indian Bistro.

Delhi Dhaba gave me food poisoning the first time I had it so I never tried it again.
They can be hit or miss but we can walk there. I’ve only been to Delhi Club once I think. That’s the one right at Clarendon Metro?

dc_slicker

Reaction score

Spice Kraft Indian Bistro... I will check it out! thank you for the suggestion

Jaipur is def my favorite on that list... hence first in line
I don't know all these suburban Indian places! Back when my family lived in the area, we would go to Tiffin in College Park all the time for South Indian food (back then it was called Udupi).

Suburban places is where it is at :)
after our son got little older, my wife and I decided to move out to fairfax. She really cared about schools... and here they are great. plus all these new places to eat at with parking right in front of them!!! No more circling looking for parking, etc
Loving the suburban life :)

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to mention that the target audience for most men when they dress is women, not e-bros on an internet forum. The average woman knows as much about mens clothes as the average man knows about womens clothes, which is to say close to zero. No woman is going to be impressed by a bespoke suit and a pair of Edward Greens. Did any of you attract your wife/partner/girlfriend by being better dressed than the next guy?

I have had several attractive women tell me they liked my shoes or clothing. So, theres that. But, I agree with your underlying point. For example, I have found that most women do not like double monk shoes (something style forum communities generally like). That said, as I progress through things, I like less the crazy patterns & prefer classics with a proper fit. It's that feeling that they cannot put their finger on what it is, but theres something different about that guy in a solid navy suit.

So what does that mean for masses arguing on the Bespoke Shoes Thread about $4K shoes? I'm pretty sure they will be disappointed when they find out bishes only care about Gucci Bit loafers.

Bespoke shoes are for true hobbyists. I haven't bought a pair of shoes in 2 or 3 years, so, maybe, at some point, I deserve to reward myself? Not sure. As I mentioned above, I've received plenty of compliments on my shoes (some edward green) from attractive women. The question, then, is would you receive more compliments for bespoke shoes vs. edward green shoes? I'm not sure.

However, I am also told, that your feet will compliment you, so thats gotta count for something.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads