• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@smittycl , what do you read on the net? I am looking for some new content

Is WM Brown worth the price? No snark, just asking. Back issues and subscriptions seem pretty steep.
I think WM Brown is worth the price. the writing is decent if very short in form. The Rake has shifted to just making money off their store now I think. Just a poolside read for me doing more looking than reading. Some of the articles are interesting I guess.

I don't read too much style stuff on the Net beyond SF, puthison, Derek's site, Dirnelli, and such. My Twitter feed picks up some menswear stuff too. Business of Fashion, NYT Fashion, etc. No real secret content sites, just the normal stuff.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ahtynes

Reaction score
Yes, I think this is mostly normal for Europe.

Here’s a fun story (ymmv) I once ordered a custom tie from Drakes in October. Expecting it early December. I asked for the hand rolled edge. Apparently, there was (at least at the time) ONE person at drakes that did the hand rolled edges. And that Friday was their day to work on custom orders. Mon-Thurs was normal Drakes production. Due to a mix up, my order didn’t get placed until Nov. Then, the one hand rolled takes off all of December! So I got my tie in late January.

I have similar question. I long ago gave up on GQ, and Esquire. Although I hung with Esquire for a while, but have since given up

@smittycl , what do you read on the net? I am looking for some new content

Is WM Brown worth the price? No snark, just asking. Back issues and subscriptions seem pretty steep.

I agree, it's pricey. I started off by getting the back issues to see if I'd like it. I think The Bloke out of LA had issues on sale, which helped. It was just so clearly multiple cuts above any other men's lifestyle magazine, and I think it's worth supporting stuff like that since it's so rare anyway. My girlfriend likes the recipes, too.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
I think WM Brown is worth the price. the writing is decent if very short in form. The Rake has shifted to just making money off their store now I think. Just a poolside read for me doing more looking than reading. Some of the articles are interesting I guess.

I don't read too much style stuff on the Net beyond SF, puthison, Derek's site, Dirnelli, and such. My Twitter feed picks up some menswear stuff too. Business of Fashion, NYT Fashion, etc. No real secret content sites, just the normal stuff.
I agree, it's pricey. I started off by getting the back issues to see if I'd like it. I think The Bloke out of LA had issues on sale, which helped. It was just so clearly multiple cuts above any other men's lifestyle magazine, and I think it's worth supporting stuff like that since it's so rare anyway. My girlfriend likes the recipes, too.

Anyone know if WM Brown mag is available at any bookstores? Just want to flip through it to see the contents before committing to a yearly subscription

dc_slicker

Reaction score
Confused about their subscription
Says $90 every 12 months. Does it mean I get one magazine per year?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if WM Brown mag is available at any bookstores? Just want to flip through it to see the contents before committing to a yearly subscription
It's usually at the register at mashburn.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Confused about their subscription
Says $90 every 12 months. Does it mean I get one magazine per year?
I think they are bi-monthly like the Rake. Covid has screwed stuff up, though.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vhat about videos of Kraft?

We were going off on those videos in another thread a while back. Fok was making fun of Kraft's punching while running schtick.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Err, it's three times a year I think. Works out to $30/issue.
Oops. I had it wrong. It is pricey. Me do good math someday....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads