• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m back to visiting Barber Shop again. Appointment only, distanced seating and everyone in masks. Seems to be working.

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
I can't risk it so I just bought a clipper and a nice German made pair of scissors about 3 months ago. Cutting hair is fun and kind of satisfying.

I can't do fit pics cus my uniform has been JCrew shorts, flip flops, and a black adidas shirt .

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't risk it so I just bought a clipper and a nice German made pair of scissors about 3 months ago. Cutting hair is fun and kind of satisfying.

I can't do fit pics cus my uniform has been JCrew shorts, flip flops, and a black adidas shirt .
How do you trim the back of your neck? For me, that's both the part that looks worst when it gets long and is also the hardest part to keep clean.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife apparently has half decent barber skills. I’ve certainly paid for worse haircuts than she’s giving me. My barber is probably one of the last places I’ll return as life gets back to normal (but before the dentist)

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you trim the back of your neck? For me, that's both the part that looks worst when it gets long and is also the hardest part to keep clean.
Back in March I did it rather sloppily holding clippers in one hand and small mirror in the other all in front of the bathroom mirror. Took some serious contorting.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife apparently has half decent barber skills. I’ve certainly paid for worse haircuts than she’s giving me. My barber is probably one of the last places I’ll return as life gets back to normal (but before the dentist)
I’ve been to dentist too. They were in face shields, gloves and masks. Seemed okay.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've gone to the dentist during the Coronavirus period, as have many of my friends. Most dentists are taking significant precautions, including limiting the number of patients, scrubbing down their office, and wearing a mask and plastic visor. The risk to the patient is much less than the risk to the dentist because the former cannot wear a mask during a procedure. Of course there's some risk, but I think there's a greater risk of health problems resulting from unclean teeth.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been to dentist too. They were in face shields, gloves and masks. Seemed okay.

I’m sure there’s a very low chance of getting anything. But I’m pretty much at the point where I don’t care for any exposure. I won’t voluntarily go out in public to anywhere decently crowded until there’s a vaccine. Just not interested in any risk or the hassle of dealing with people.

I am definitely not worried about missing a dentist appointment or two. I went 8 years between appointments at one stretch and wasn’t any worse for wear.

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
I didn't go see a dentist for about a good decade because I have a serious dentist phobia. I actually looked for ones that put you out and work on your teeth. But now I don't care and go for regular cleaning and check up.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't get an annual physical for many years, had one a few years ago, then haven't been back since. I consider a bi-annual teeth cleaning to be a lot more essential, particularly because I'm susceptible to tartar buildup at the back of my bottom row of teeth.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't go see a dentist for about a good decade because I have a serious dentist phobia. I actually looked for ones that put you out and work on your teeth. But now I don't care and go for regular cleaning and check up.

No fear here (my dad is a dentist). I just generally can’t be bothered to go to the dentist or doctor. Always feels like a waste of my time.

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
No fear here (my dad is a dentist). I just generally can’t be bothered to go to the dentist or doctor. Always feels like a waste of my time.
I call my wife a "walking hospital" 'cus she gets like little stupid things that requires her to go see a doctor.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
my hair started to thin... so i just keep it short with a buzzer
I didn't get an annual physical for many years, had one a few years ago, then haven't been back since. I consider a bi-annual teeth cleaning to be a lot more essential, particularly because I'm susceptible to tartar buildup at the back of my bottom row of teeth.
i drink lots of coffee... so yeah, i agree with you

though, you should consider to be better about physicals... they are good to catch some nasty **** early. too many "caught early" and "did not catch in time" stories.

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
my hair started to thin... so i just keep it short with a buzzer

i drink lots of coffee... so yeah, i agree with you

though, you should consider to be better about physicals... they are good to catch some nasty **** early. too many "caught early" and "did not catch in time" stories.
Hold up. Where can I get an annual physical here in the US? I always get them done when I go on my annual visit to South Korea. They do blood, urine, shove a camera down your throat, etc. My family doctor in the US only drew blood and checked my bp.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads