• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Huh, guess I’m reflexively doctrinaire with pants cuffs. Isn’t the general rule cuffs with pleats, and no pleats, no cuffs? Maybe the pandemic has blown the rules out of the water? :crazy:

I would have tried a 52L but that size was unavailable unfortunately.
hmm... No, I have cuffs on all my trousers, except trousers for tuxedos. Cuffs are more casual. Practically, I like the weight of cuffs on the trouser line.

Really not a big deal though. I started out liking only Flat Front / Plain Bottoms. Now, I automatically go for cuffs / pleats but cuffs also on flat front trousers.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Never tried Formosa. It think the cut would work for me. Greg seems to indicate those aren’t selling much anymore? If I can make it up there I will try some on for sure.

I thought about cuffing the pants but they are flat front so I stuck with no cuffs out of habit.

They had issues with the measurements being off.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just go with the English pronunciation "isiah"
That’s when the salesman would give a raised eyebrow and think to himself “I could make some coin off this noob...” :bounce2:

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guess people didn't take note when that crazy dude went off on shoulder measurements being off.

They are bespoke tailors from NAPLES making RTW garments. He should've had that stuff produced in a factory from the get go. I will say that the garments that did work were spot on from a stylistic standpoint.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are bespoke tailors from NAPLES making RTW garments. He should've had that stuff produced in a factory from the get go. I will say that the garments that did work were spot on from a stylistic standpoint.
I never really thought of that. Makes sense they might not be able to make a run of suits with the same measurements.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s when the salesman would give a raised eyebrow and think to himself “I could make some coin off this noob...” :bounce2:
Theyre the noob, Isiah is the english annonciation of the same name - like juan and john

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Theyre the noob, Isiah is the english annonciation of the same name - like juan and john
Was just being silly. Was taught how to pronounce the suit maker Isaia by a salesman at Barneys. Prefer to pronounce things in the original language when practicable.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Formosa stuff I have from No Man is Amazing! Understand they had consistency issues (yes, hand made, not a large scale factory). I had similar issues with an Eidos piece. The button holes (3r2 l) were comically too close, ruining the whole look. It was a shame. Luckily they remade the whole sport coat for me.

I think they're still doing MTO, MTM and bespoke through Formosa.

Carrara seems much better when it comes to consistency.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! Ezra Paul do the tailoring?
I go to Geoffrey Lewis at 15th & I. It didn't really need much work. Just buttons on the sleeves with no length adjustments. Pants waist came in a hair and hemmed, that was it.

Last edited:

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
I think he still has 3 Formosa suits and they look great.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads