• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm friends with Neomi and a few other Mason law professors. Very smart, very conservative. Interesting trivia about her: she tutored former NBA star Chris Webber in math in high school (Detroit Country Day). According to her, Chris is not a dumb guy but didn't apply himself because he knew he was going to be a multi-millionaire in a few years.

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
I'm friends with Neomi and a few other Mason law professors. Very smart, very conservative. Interesting trivia about her: she tutored former NBA star Chris Webber in math in high school (Detroit Country Day). According to her, Chris is not a dumb guy but didn't apply himself because he knew he was going to be a multi-millionaire in a few years.
I tutored HS students when I was in college and none of them made it to even a community college. None of them turned out to be millionaires either. I bet their parents hate me.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The news talking heads are actually pronouncing "Isaias" correctly.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Private White VC in the rain in search of a Rye Manhattan. Figured the rain would keep the 20 -something’s inside. Wifey and I have decided the Brooks Brothers masks are ugly. They lose shape after a few washes and collect lint as well. Easy to breath through at least. Any recs on non-cloth masks?

7E870E35-A590-4C3E-944A-A0CFF2F28078.jpeg

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Private White VC in the rain in search of a Rye Manhattan. Figured the rain would keep the 20 -something’s inside. Wifey and I have decided the Brooks Brothers masks are ugly. They lose shape after a few washes and collect lint as well. Easy to breath through at least. Any recs on non-cloth masks?

View attachment 1435759
No mask recs unfortunately, but where'd you end up finding the Manhattan?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No mask recs unfortunately, but where'd you end up finding the Manhattan?
Nice New Orelans-themed Pub in Courthouse.

dc_slicker

Reaction score

View attachment 1435759
that's a nice umbrella!!! can you tell me the name?

I always used those collapsible ones but something about that pimp cane draws my desire these days!

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's a nice umbrella!!! can you tell me the name?

I always used those collapsible ones but something about that pimp cane draws my desire these days!
I always lose the collapsible umbrellas and have left more than one on Metro by accident. Wanted a nice Full-size one but not a super-expensive version I’d just stress over leaving in umbrella stands in stores and such.

Kent Wang has some affordable Italian umbrellas. Mine is the Navy Chestnut. They are solid sticks and very durable.

https://www.kentwang.com/misc/umbrellas

dc_slicker

Reaction score
I always lose the collapsible umbrellas and have left more than one on Metro by accident. Wanted a nice Full-size one but not a super-expensive version I’d just stress over leaving in umbrella stands in stores and such.

Kent Wang has some affordable Italian umbrellas. Mine is the Navy Chestnut. They are solid sticks and very durable.

https://www.kentwang.com/misc/umbrellas
thank you for the link!
How is the locking mechanism? and yes, I like how it gets wet you can just hang it over your arm and let it dry and then fend off the attackers :)

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thank you for the link!
How is the locking mechanism? and yes, I like how it gets wet you can just hang it over your arm and let it dry and then fend off the attackers :)
I’ve had it for five years now I think. Locks solidly.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice New Orelans-themed Pub in Courthouse.

Huh, I almost thought you were going to say Bayou when you said N.O. themed.

Toshiro

Reaction score
Wonder if this is an Arlington thing with not wearing masks. I was in Shirlington earlier, and not much mask use there. A few other times in Arlington, not many masks either. I've noticed a fair amount of mask wearing in Alexandria (including Old Town). Hmmmm...
Clarendon (Arlington ) was open before phase 1 lol so they definitely ain’t following the rules ??

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am appearing in court by Zoom today and wearing a suit for the first time in several months. On top at least. Due to Coronavirus weight gain, my suit pants are way too tight in the waist and thighs. I don't want to take the chance of them splitting when it doesn't matter--I will be standing the entire time at a standing desk so the court will only see me from the mid-chest up. I am also wearing easy pants and espadrilles. Business up top and party down below as they say.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads