• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that’s just a good suit to wear because it’s fun to dress well. I would buy that to wear for fun more than as a work outfit.
@lordsuperb always likes posts that end up costing me serious money! :bigstar:

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
Deer hunters have been slacking? I hit a deer straight on last night. The only good thing is that this deer didn't come thru our windshield. Scarry to see the crack though. Back to the shop.
20200714_091541.jpg
20200714_091650.jpg

dc_slicker

Reaction score
Deer hunters have been slacking? I hit a deer straight on last night. The only good thing is that this deer didn't come thru our windshield. Scarry to see the crack though. Back to the shop.
View attachment 1423820 View attachment 1423821
sorry! sounds you are ok! that's good

where did you hit it?

and yeah, area where I live, people post picks of f-ing black bear!

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
sorry! sounds you are ok! that's good

where did you hit it?

and yeah, area where I live, people post picks of f-ing black bear!
My wife went to the ER but should be okay. We were going about 40 mph. The thing had antlers so it could have been worse. I hit it right on its side and it actually ran off without leaving any contact info. We have a description of him but he may be long gone.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife went to the ER but should be okay. We were going about 40 mph. The thing had antlers so it could have been worse. I hit it right on its side and it actually ran off without leaving any contact info. We have a description of him but he may be long gone.
I got a call from a deer this morning saying he needed a lawyer asap. Wonder if there's a connection...

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
I got a call from a deer this morning saying he needed a lawyer asap. Wonder if there's a connection...
Ask him for a fat retainer from his shank.

Your honor Mr. Deer was on anti-depression medication and he attempted suicide at my cost. He saw me from half a mile away and waited until the LAST moment before jumping in front of my car.

Last edited:

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
I've found the deer! (If you don't get this then you don't get this. But if you get this then you'll find it funny).

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, just ordered the Dugdale tobacco linen suit from NMWA. Have been looking for one for a few years now and this one checks all the blocks. I think, like @hpreston , I've bought more during the lock-down than I ever did before. Really liking the SF10 discount as well of course.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, just ordered the Dugdale tobacco linen suit from NMWA. Have been looking for one for a few years now and this one checks all the blocks. I think, like @hpreston , I've bought more during the lock-down than I ever did before. Really liking the SF10 discount as well of course.

Great suit!

Is this your first Carrara piece? Pics please, after you receive it.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great suit!

Is this your first Carrara piece? Pics please, after you receive it.
First ever Carrara. Had hoped to venture north to try them on in person but that idea is so 2021...

Heading to Geoffrey Lewis tomorrow to pick up my last #menswear purchases. Hoping they were able to let the calf out successfully on the Anglo-Italian linen pants. Taking that smashing purple Kiton cashmere s/c in as well. Need to get it worked on now ahead of the inevitable Fall Covid crash.

Ugh. Bartender...!

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you wait maybe a day or two, you can likely drop off the linen suit in one trip.... No Man shipping from NY is retty quick.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics