• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha the decision has been tabled. I purchased some decent pens from CVS that will tide me over for a while. I called Fahrney's but unfortunately they are not open for customers and I won't make a serious purchase until I can try the pens out in person. Feel free to suggest any other pen stores in the DC area and i can check if they are open to visits.
Bertram's Inkwell.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm thinking that wearing the same mask every day is like wearing the same underwear every day. :hide: The inside of my mask has turned off-white and dingy, so I bought a three-pack of masks from Epaulet. Colors to match my most frequently worn outfits, of course.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm thinking that wearing the same mask every day is like wearing the same underwear every day. :hide: The inside of my mask has turned off-white and dingy, so I bought a three-pack of masks from Epaulet. Colors to match my most frequently worn outfits, of course.
I bought the white ones from Brooks Brothers. Wear one a day then wash them on the weekend. Seems to be working.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think your comparison is apt.
I bought a three pack from Epaulet, not sure if the elastic on the side is too short, or my ears sit farther back on my head than average people. But they didn’t fit me at all, gave them to my wife. Fabrics were very nice though.

I bought the white ones from Brooks Brothers. Wear one a day then wash them on the weekend. Seems to be working.

Same here. when I’m out and about, wear one per day, then it goes in the laundry.

Also reference above about mask fitting, the BB ones fit me well. Not sure what my issue is. Also ordered some from Kamakura and had same issue as the Epaulet masks.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought my masks from proper cloth. They wrap around the top of the head and back of the neck. Much more comfortable than the ear pulling masks i had before. I bought a three pack of cotton/linen light blue. I keep one in the car, one on the table with the dog leash, and I was planning to keep one on my desk at work, but it turns out I haven't gone back yet.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think your comparison is apt.
I bought a three pack from Epaulet, not sure if the elastic on the side is too short, or my ears sit farther back on my head than average people. But they didn’t fit me at all, gave them to my wife. Fabrics were very nice though.

Same here. when I’m out and about, wear one per day, then it goes in the laundry.

Also reference above about mask fitting, the BB ones fit me well. Not sure what my issue is. Also ordered some from Kamakura and had same issue as the Epaulet masks.
Yeah, I think it works to have a bunch and constantly wash them.

bmoredcstyle

Reaction score
I bought my masks from proper cloth. They wrap around the top of the head and back of the neck. Much more comfortable than the ear pulling masks i had before. I bought a three pack of cotton/linen light blue. I keep one in the car, one on the table with the dog leash, and I was planning to keep one on my desk at work, but it turns out I haven't gone back yet.

I like this from PC: It’s treated with DuPont SILVADUR™ antimicrobial finish for extra protection.

Any views on the Hertling pleated and contour masks? I planned to get Hertling pleated masks but am now considering Proper Cloth

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have two from Proper Cloth, they fit better for me than the Epaulet, but I find them much harder to breath while wearing than the Brooks Brothers masks.

I like this from PC: It’s treated with DuPont SILVADUR™ antimicrobial finish for extra protection.

Any views on the Hertling pleated and contour masks? I planned to get Hertling pleated masks but am now considering Proper Cloth

I don’t have any, but I like that you can choose the way the straps are oriented (ear strap or over head). I may try some (in the over the head config) and see how they fit.

Might also try Sid Mashburn mask.

I like the functionality of the BB masks, but would like to have some others in patterns/colors for work.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The navy plaid sport coat. Must be popular as it's basically sold out now.

Is there a guide that differentiates the qualities of the balloon jacket style versus their other models?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a guide that differentiates the qualities of the balloon jacket style versus their other models?
I think Balloon is a fabric option? Not sure it’s a different cut.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads