• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
Washington Braves?
Welp, looks like Snyder has no choice now but to change the name. But why now? The corporations that demanded the change, do they really care about the Native Americans? Or are they asking the Redskins to change the name because they don't want to face backlash? Where were they when the Redskins were winning SBs? My point is that I hope they really do care about the Native Americans.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lapels seem a bit oversized, no?
They look a bit big and the gorge looks low in hanger shots but seem normal in pics where that cut is worn on a model. I would like to try it on before buying but traveling to NYC isn't in the cards at the moment. Had a socially distant 4th of July family barbecue (have some family who are at risk health-wise). Manage to pull nephew away from his Xbox long enough to snap a pic. Soulive shirt from NMWA, Tommy Bahama linen pants, C&J loafers.

IMG_0809.jpg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

bmoredcstyle

Reaction score
I'm new to the store. Have they had Shearling Jackets in the Fall/Winter since you've followed the store?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm new to the store. Have they had Shearling Jackets in the Fall/Winter since you've followed the store?
They do Made-to-Order (MTO) with Valstar and I think that may be an option. They are very customer-oriented so I would just send them an email and ask or post a query on their page here on Styleforum.

I bought a pair of Rota pants MTO and have a shirt-jacket on MTO for the Fall coming in a few months. Great company.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw your query on their page. I would create an account at NMWA and use their internal email query system to ask a specific question. What kind of shearling, color, type of jacket, price point, etc.

Cheers and good luck!

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welp, looks like Snyder has no choice now but to change the name. But why now? The corporations that demanded the change, do they really care about the Native Americans? Or are they asking the Redskins to change the name because they don't want to face backlash? Where were they when the Redskins were winning SBs? My point is that I hope they really do care about the Native Americans.

Dan Snyder said it would NEVER happen but now his bottom line is in jeopardy and he will have to make the change. If they truly cared for Native Americans the name would have been changed years ago.

You should follow or read up on Thomas Sowell. He's a brilliant man who speaks on why these things happen and the unintended outcomes as a whole on society.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent photos!

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They have had two different shearlings run for the past year or two. One, a WWII era Irvin jacket. Big and full, but not quite as bulky as most you find out there. The other, a more casual jacket - I think it was called the lunch jacket by James Grose. They did a MTO in napa brown leather with a dark tan shearling and another in tan suede with a light shearling. Not sure what they have going for this fall/winter.

They still have the tan shearing in stock. NMWA Shearling

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This looks intriguing as well but not sure how much wear I would get out of it. Need to cool my jets and remember all the unworn suits languishing in my closet.

#menswear math is hard! New stuff at NMWA is very tempting. Probably need to send more stuff out for consignment myself.

Did you pull the trigger on the NMWA-SC linen suit?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads