• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just grabbed these golden tan pants from NMWA. Wish they were 100% linen but a blend is okay. Every time I think I have what I need they create a new niche for me.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This looks intriguing as well but not sure how much wear I would get out of it. Need to cool my jets and remember all the unworn suits languishing in my closet.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once saw the fireworks by getting a spot right by the reflecting pool. Marked out the spot with some beach towels at about 10am. Gotta have a group so people can get food/drink restroom breaks. It was awesome as the fireworks looked like they were coming right at you. Best fireworks experience ever.

I didn't think Snyder would ever change the name, but looks like the advertisers are pulling out. Nike may even say that they won't ever print Nike skins jerseys. Not out of the realm of possibility that the networks/ESPN will air all games EXCEPT skins games.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of gray odd dress trousers, something I wouldn't have worn even before quarantine because my brain no longer functions properly.
Me too! A nice pair of Oxxford dress trousers in light gray. Used them to replace an older pair of Zanella's.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once saw the fireworks by getting a spot right by the reflecting pool. Marked out the spot with some beach towels at about 10am. Gotta have a group so people can get food/drink restroom breaks. It was awesome as the fireworks looked like they were coming right at you. Best fireworks experience ever.

I didn't think Snyder would ever change the name, but looks like the advertisers are pulling out. Nike may even say that they won't ever print Nike skins jerseys. Not out of the realm of possibility that the networks/ESPN will air all games EXCEPT skins games.
I think he will be forced to cave in.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Streetaries are continuing in Adams Morgan with one lane of traffic each way. Only people upset are those who park on 18th Street, but screw 'em.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This looks intriguing as well but not sure how much wear I would get out of it. Need to cool my jets and remember all the unworn suits languishing in my closet.

I hear this. I'm tempted by the new NMWA gunclub check jacket myself. Even before the lockdowns and teleworking, each year I would tell myself no more tan/brown/beige spring-summer sport jackets. And then I'd add more tan/brown/beige spring-summer sport jackets!

That said, I don't have an exact pattern in my existing tan/brown/beige spring-summer sport jackets, I do still wear sport jackets occasionally during teleworking, and I got a good chunk o' LuxeSwap credit. And I still have a little more space in the closet...
20200626128.jpg

Last edited:

dc_slicker

Reaction score
Just grabbed these golden tan pants from NMWA. Wish they were 100% linen but a blend is okay. Every time I think I have what I need they create a new niche for me.

Looking at the image. Thought it was nice tall glass of beer.... need some beer on this fine day

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear this. I'm tempted by the new NMWA gunclub check jacket myself. Even before the lockdowns and teleworking, each year I would tell myself no more tan/brown/beige spring-summer sport jackets. And then I'd add more tan/brown/beige spring-summer sport jackets!

That said, I don't have an exact pattern in my existing tan/brown/beige spring-summer sport jackets, I do still wear sport jackets occasionally during teleworking, and I got a good chunk o' LuxeSwap credit. And I still have a little more space in the closet...
View attachment 1418162
#menswear math is hard! New stuff at NMWA is very tempting. Probably need to send more stuff out for consignment myself.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1418162

The lapels seem a bit oversized, no?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads