• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Toronto...visited there last Summer and was quite disappointed with the city. The people certain seemed nice but the city was just boring. So far Boston is my favorite place to visit.
What other cities did you visit? My sister used to live in Boston and now lives in Cambridge, so I've been to area many times. I like it a lot, but I'm not sure I'd put it on my list of favorites.
seriously? It's often compared to Chicago. and aren't they building condos like mad? I'm planning on visiting Montreal when this whole mess is over. supposed to be one of the liveliest cities in North America.
Montreal is great, like New Orleans' Canadian cousin. Interesting trivia: It is the second-largest predominately French speaking city in the world, behind Paris. There are some neighborhoods that make you feel like you are in France.

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
Check out Charleston, San Diego, and Chicago.
Been to Chicago. Loved it but I went in late October so it was windy and extremely cold. Chicago was like the better and cleaner version of NYC. I liked it.

seriously? It's often compared to Chicago. and aren't they building condos like mad? I'm planning on visiting Montreal when this whole mess is over. supposed to be one of the liveliest cities in North America.
Really? I guess the I just wasn't that impressed despite the weather being very nice. Montreal is our next stop too but I hear they mostly speak French.

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
What other cities did you visit? My sister used to live in Boston and now lives in Cambridge, so I've been to area many times. I like it a lot, but I'm not sure I'd put it on my list of favorites.

Montreal is great, like New Orleans' Canadian cousin. Interesting trivia: It is the second-largest predominately French speaking city in the world, behind Paris. There are some neighborhoods that make you feel like you are in France.
Not many. NYC, Chicago, New Orleans, Seoul, Orlando, Tampa, Atlanta, Asheville, etc.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been to Chicago. Loved it but I went in late October so it was windy and extremely cold. Chicago was like the better and cleaner version of NYC. I liked it.
I have this theory that if aliens landed on Earth knowing nothing about us and spent a week in the largest cities of an assortment of countries around the world, they would never guess that the US is the sole global superpower.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chicago has 90% of the amenities of NYC at 50% of the cost. It has a much nicer skyline--possibly the nicest skyline in the country--because you can get a good view while you're in the city, driving on Lake Shore Drive. You need to be in New Jersey to get a panoramic view of the NYC skyline.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If one was to drink on a patio somewhere on the Georgetown waterfront, where should they pick among these:
1. Nicks Riverside Grill
2. Tony & Joes
3. Farmers Fishers Bakers
4. other?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If one was to drink on a patio somewhere on the Georgetown waterfront, where should they pick among these:
1. Nicks Riverside Grill
2. Tony & Joes
3. Farmers Fishers Bakers
4. other?
I go to Nick's a lot. Good crab cake sandwich and drinks.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just popped in at the Armoury. I still have this fabric to make into a sport coat. Hoping to get up to NYC someday and visit NMWA.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just popped in at the Armoury. I still have this fabric to make into a sport coat. Hoping to get up to NYC someday and visit NMWA.

That price though.

I also have that cloth. I plan to sell it if I can retrieve it from the tailor.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, I don't understand the idea behind the "casual summer jacket." Even if it's linen, it's still going to be hotter than not wearing the jacket.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Popped in at their website. :rolleyes:
smrt.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads