• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

dc_slicker

Reaction score
I love their stuff, and I like their sport coats, but none of their trousers work for me OTR (rise too low, even on "high rise"). I keep debating their MTM program though.
What's the process to return their items? Guess ship it back with return label (is it free or they make you pay)

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
I like the cut, style, and price point of spier and mckay but they are too narrow for me in the shoulders :(.
Damn, I wish I had some wide shoulders!

What's the process to return their items? Guess ship it back with return label (is it free or they make you pay)
I believe free returns but via USPS. The returns took some time.

trafficjam

Reaction score
I would take Suit Supply over Bonobos every time, but my whole thesis is that you should figure out what you want the suit to do and then buy to the purpose. In my opinion, the Bonobos purpose is "I need a suit for my job or a bar mitzvah or something and I don't want to shop at Macy's because I have some kind of misplaced pride, so I'll spend two or three times as much for the same thing."

dc_slicker

Reaction score
I would take Suit Supply over Bonobos every time, but my whole thesis is that you should figure out what you want the suit to do and then buy to the purpose. In my opinion, the Bonobos purpose is "I need a suit for my job or a bar mitzvah or something and I don't want to shop at Macy's because I have some kind of misplaced pride, so I'll spend two or three times as much for the same thing."
did not realize SuitSupply was so much better than Bonobos... felt Bonobos was a nice brand?

dc_slicker

Reaction score
Why don't you try Spier and MacKay. The Nomos is off the table. Durability issue keeps coming up.
Yeah, not a fan how you need to order Nomos from Germany without first being able to hold it and look at it in person... so never was on the table for me...
ORIS! get it! nicely priced at 1k and available in local stores

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You would take SuitSupply over Bonobos?
If not mistaken SuitSupply lists their as half canvas, Bonobos, I dont think it is
Everything at SuSu other than their Jort line is half canvas FYI.

SM returns are only free for the 1st sportcoat/suit I believe. Otherwise it's $15, but I have read that people use PayPal for payment and they are able to get free returns that way. Haven't tried personally.

Bonobos is owned by walmart in the recent past...I would guess mostly fused stuff

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, not a fan how you need to order Nomos from Germany without first being able to hold it and look at it in person... so never was on the table for me...
ORIS! get it! nicely priced at 1k and available in local stores

Tourneau in Pentagon City is an authorized Nomos dealer.

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
Speaking of Toronto...visited there last Summer and was quite disappointed with the city. The people certain seemed nice but the city was just boring. So far Boston is my favorite place to visit.

bmoredcstyle

Reaction score
Speaking of Toronto...visited there last Summer and was quite disappointed with the city. The people certain seemed nice but the city was just boring. So far Boston is my favorite place to visit.
seriously? It's often compared to Chicago. and aren't they building condos like mad? I'm planning on visiting Montreal when this whole mess is over. supposed to be one of the liveliest cities in North America.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, I wish I had some wide shoulders!

I believe free returns but via USPS. The returns took some time.

There are pros and cons to having wide shoulders. In general I have a hard time finding clothes that are comfortable and fit well.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
seriously? It's often compared to Chicago. and aren't they building condos like mad? I'm planning on visiting Montreal when this whole mess is over. supposed to be one of the liveliest cities in North America.
I'd agree that it's similar to Chi-town. So many different ethnic neighborhoods and restaurants to try.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads