• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I lifted my leg the other day while wearing boxers and it just ripped as my wife watched...FML
Good incentive for me to get an extra-long ride in this afternoon before cooler weather hits Friday.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weather outside is beautiful right now. Too bad we're in this mess.

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
I hear this week is supposed to be hell on earth for the DC area. Anybody hear the same?

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hear this week is supposed to be hell on earth for the DC area. Anybody hear the same?

How so?

I lifted my leg the other day while wearing boxers and it just ripped as my wife watched...FML
Are you implying you gained weight or did you do something embarrassing? If its the later have no fear you are no longer a bachelor and don't have to worry about these embarrassing moments.

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
How so?

Are you implying you gained weight or did you do something embarrassing? If its the later have no fear you are no longer a bachelor and don't have to worry about these embarrassing moments.
The "experts" are saying that this region will start having people showing symptoms based on projections. But these projections are just projections.

I gained weight for sure. I've started going out for a 1 hour walk and have been doing chin ups daily.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I'm losing a little bit of weight, though not as much as I would like, by doing the 16/8 intermittent fasting thing and not drinking at night. I'm trying to get down to what I weighed before my trip to Venice last October. Who knew that two servings of gelato per day would be bad for your waistline?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to tone up as well and realizing how hard that is in my mid-50s compared to mid-20s!

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm losing weight solely because I'm no longer eating out at all, especially for lunch. I'd eat 5 Guys, or Taco Bell or Pizza or something similar almost every day at work. Now I'm eating a ham sandwich and banana or something. Boring but effective I guess

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
My wife is feeding me nonstop and I'm telling her to chill the hell out but I'm afraid to get on a scale now.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the next 10 days or so could be very bad for DC, Baltimore, and Philly. I’m really surprised DC hasn’t been hit harder. Fed Govt going to minimal manning early might have helped.

Wash Post also reported today that initial assessments are that Covid-19 will not be seriously hampered by warm weather like the flu usually is.

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
I'll leave this right here:
The PERFECT Home Workout A+B
I'm subscribed to that channel XD. This guy is the one guy I trust on Youtube. One time I watch a video that he did on pull ups (10 mistakes that people make) and I was able to do more chin ups right away just by fixing some of the mistakes that I was making. Just trying to say how this guy knows his stuff.

Yes, the next 10 days or so could be very bad for DC, Baltimore, and Philly. I’m really surprised DC hasn’t been hit harder. Fed Govt going to minimal manning early might have helped.

Wash Post also reported today that initial assessments are that Covid-19 will not be seriously hampered by warm weather like the flu usually is.
I really hope the DC area doesn't get hit by COVID19 like NY. I hope things get better in NY soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads