• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This link might be helpful in terms of which local businesses are available to support:

Apparently there are 312 restaurants still serving food in some capacity.

Last edited:

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to derail all the talk of food delevery (we are in maryland, so I don’t have much to add to the DC specific food scene, at least now under stay-at-home) buuuuuuut,

I got a restock notification from Kamakura shirts, that a shirt I was looking for was restocked. So I ordered that one and one other on Wednesday, got shipping notification Thursday, and received package today! Now if I just had somewhere to wear new shirts.....

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got in 12 miles on the bike but winds at 18 mph gusting to 25 made it a chore. Must be from that large storm that's moving back towards the NE from the Atlantic right now. Bright blue skies at least. Very little traffic out on the trails today.

Rode back through Georgetown in the middle of a quiet M Street. Brooks Brothers was stripped bare with even the signage gone. They even took the last can of Who Hash and left crumbs much too small for the Who's mouses.

IMG_0006.jpg IMG_0008.jpg

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to derail all the talk of food delevery (we are in maryland, so I don’t have much to add to the DC specific food scene, at least now under stay-at-home) buuuuuuut,

I got a restock notification from Kamakura shirts, that a shirt I was looking for was restocked. So I ordered that one and one other on Wednesday, got shipping notification Thursday, and received package today! Now if I just had somewhere to wear new shirts.....

You do have two places to wear those new shirts:
1) At the dinner table when you're enjoying those delivered meals;
2) In front of the bathroom/living room/bedroom/etc. mirror.

These locations have worked for me these past three weeks working and staying at home...

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You do have two places to wear those new shirts:
1) At the dinner table when you're enjoying those delivered meals;
2) In front of the bathroom/living room/bedroom/etc. mirror.

These locations have worked for me these past three weeks working and staying at home...

Two good options. Although I have been designated “on-call” at work. So there may be a third option in my future.

Otherwise, I like option 1

They are OCBDs so I could get away with wearing one with jeans for the weekly trip to gatheressentials (liquor store and grocery store, in that order)

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the first times I went to Founding Farmers (probably 7-8 years ago), they had an apple pie-type dessert on the menu that basically brought me to tears. I still have dreams about it. So sad

I'm still trying to bring my A game for office zoom meetings. Or at least my B- game. Wore a Kamakura ocbd and a Rugby RL shawl collar cardigan. Got a few snarky comments from coworkers in snapbacks and hoodies.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got in another decent bike ride on this coolish, cloudy day. Have to work next week and will cycle in to avoid Metro. Should get another 25-miler in tomorrow as it will be close to 70 degrees.

ny2dc

Reaction score
Got in another decent bike ride on this coolish, cloudy day. Have to work next week and will cycle in to avoid Metro. Should get another 25-miler in tomorrow as it will be close to 70 degrees.

Where is your office?

Kevin24

Reaction score
Out curiosity,

Are tailors considered an essential business in Virginia?

I have been primarily isolated for 14 or so days, and I would like to get some items I recently purchased tailored.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Out curiosity,

Are tailors considered an essential business in Virginia?

I have been primarily isolated for 14 or so days, and I would like to get some items I recently purchased tailored.
I doubt it. Pretty difficult to practice social distancing with a tailor.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads