• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should I be worried I'm drinking a glass of wine at 2pm on a Monday? Granted, I had to open the bottle as my dinner recipe called for it (it's slow-cooking now).
I'm worried for you. After 12 you're supposed to switch to hard liquor. Everybody knows that.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fox Brothers just issued some new ties in collaboration Drake's. Thinking about the red one. $142 as of today's exchange rate. Not a bad price for Drake's at retail. Wish they were 8.5 or 9cm, though.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fox Brothers just issued some new ties in collaboration Drake's. Thinking about the red one. $142 as of today's exchange rate. Not a bad price for Drake's at retail. Wish they were 8.5 or 9cm, though.

View attachment 1363792

Have you checked Vanda Fine Clothing? They're offering 30% of their ties and will make them any size you want for a small fee.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you checked Vanda Fine Clothing? They're offering 30% of their ties and will make them any size you want for a small fee.
I've been on their website along with Hober's but haven't ordered anything. What do you think of their ties?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
E.G. Cappelli and Vanda are my favorite tie makers. Vanda ties are light and airy and they tie a beautiful knot.
I only have a few Cappelli ties. Only 90 euros on their website. Marinella is nice as well.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer the fabrics Cappelli offers but the knot and hand of Vanda is superior. No more ties for me. Only thinking of bathroom tile and June 10th.

im in the same no more ties boat. I was close to pulling the trigger on some Vanda. But I’m focusing on bespoke right now. The 30% off at Vanda applies to only ties they made by mistake. Still nice tho.There was a 50 oz navy silk I was tempted by. But again. No more ties

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kind of the same here. Was just impulse shopping. I've done my bit recently for the independent shops I like, though.

frosejr

Reaction score
Check ebay, Paul Stuart.
The secret my work colleagues who comment on my ties and braces don’t know is that they pretty much all came from The Bay.

armedferret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fiola Mare now has a curbside contactless pickup menu. 3 different 4-course meals for 2, $75 all in. Pretty fair; if you've never eaten there they aren't quite Michelin rated but they're damn good. (same family as Fiola near the Capitol, which IS Michelin-rated)

fiola.PNG

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another one bites the dust. G'town Brooks Bros. closed for good.

frosejr

Reaction score
Another one bites the dust. G'town Brooks Bros. closed for good.

I always thought that was an odd location for a BB. Apparently I wasn't the only one ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads