• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today was our wedding anniversary and we spent it properly by exchanging cards and staying the hell home for the most part and away from others when outside.
Sorry to hear that. My wife’s birthday is next Thursday and our anniversary is at the end of the month.

Thank god im not turning 21.

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. My wife’s birthday is next Thursday and our anniversary is at the end of the month.

Thank god im not turning 21.
I'm glad my wife is fully aware of the current situation. Her birthday is coming up in about 30 days so I think things will be pretty similar if not worse.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I cycled the Capital Crescent Trail - packed of course. Hung around Georgetown waterfront for about 10 minutes. Face planted while cycling across the street - no idea how that happened but some how landed perfectly on my hands so got away with very minor abrasions. Then worked my way home through the city. Nice ~16 mile ride.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been pleasantly surprised by how much I've stuck to my intermittent fasting window. I think the stress/constant distractions make it easy to not eat.
I'm going to try this. What system are you using? I'm starting off at 14/10, eating between 9 AM and 7 PM. I'm going to try to get up to 16/8, eating between 11 AM and 7 PM.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to try this. What system are you using? I'm starting off at 14/10, eating between 9 AM and 7 PM. I'm going to try to get up to 16/8, eating between 11 AM and 7 PM.
I've been doing the 7PM - 11AM fast. It's easy to maintain as I never really ate much breakfast anyway. Will work better now that weather is getting nicer and I'm cycling more.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cycled the Capital Crescent Trail - packed of course. Hung around Georgetown waterfront for about 10 minutes. Face planted while cycling across the street - no idea how that happened but some how landed perfectly on my hands so got away with very minor abrasions. Then worked my way home through the city. Nice ~16 mile ride.
I'm doing the Crescent trail and Rock Creek park today. I figured there will be fewer folks in there on a Monday. Should be a nice day as well. Luckily haven't dumped my bike in a while. Fingers crossed. Bad time to go in to a hospital with a broken leg and out with CV.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've noticed a lot more runners than usual in my neighborhood when I've left the house. Maybe because the sidewalks are a lot less crowded and more amenable to running or folks just need to get out and exercise to avoid going stir crazy?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maryland's governor just issued a stay at home order and it looks like Virginia's governor will follow shortly. These orders allow going to the store for groceries, restaurant takeout and delivery, and exercise outdoors so long as sufficient distance is observed. Basically what I've already been doing for the past two weeks.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maryland's governor just issued a stay at home order and it looks like Virginia's governor will follow shortly. These orders allow going to the store for groceries, restaurant takeout and delivery, and exercise outdoors so long as sufficient distance is observed. Basically what I've already been doing for the past two weeks.
Can VA do that? Thought I had read VA law did it allow for it?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw the VA stay-in-place order. Allows for exercise at least. Weather is closing in this week. 75 degrees today! Got in a great 25 mile ride up Capital Crescent Trail to Rock Creek Park and back to Georgetown. Sort of crowded in the suburban areas but not too bad.

Trail goes through downtown Bethesda. Jaleo had a window open for carry out. Next time I pass by!

I usually hit Rock Creek on weekends and it was weird to have cars in there. Almost forgot it was Monday.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should I be worried I'm drinking a glass of wine at 2pm on a Monday? Granted, I had to open the bottle as my dinner recipe called for it (it's slow-cooking now).
Totally allowable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads