• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scored this amazing Kiton cashmere sport coat NWOT from Ownly Luxury. Just came in the mail today and it's amazing. Need to get the waist taken in and sleeves adjusted at a minimum. Doubt I'll get to wear it until the Fall. Every time I say I'm tailoring-sated something insane comes along. I need to stop looking I think.

Capture12.JPG Capture13.JPG

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scored this amazing Kiton cashmere sport coat NWOT from Ownly Luxury. Just came in the mail today and it's amazing. Need to get the waist taken in and sleeves adjusted at a minimum. Doubt I'll get to wear it until the Fall. Every time I say I'm tailoring-sated something insane comes along. I need to stop looking I think.

View attachment 1361071 View attachment 1361070
Hot damn! Question: how are you going to get the alterations done?? I have some linen pants that I really need ("need") to get tapered before the summer but looks like that maybe isn't in the cards.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I won't get a check either but I'm much happier to receive my pay and benefits instead.

I plan on supporting some local restaurants - I will order food from around my neighborhood but forgo drinks since I'm pretty well stocked. I did seriously consider indulging in Joe's Stonecrab's happy hour but they're a little too far from my place.
Yeah restaurants seem like the easier option thanks to grubhub and such. I was thinking more along the lines of retail operations in the area since I already probably order way too much takeout.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one local business that I really like, that I regrettably have not visited in awhile, is the Grooming Lounge.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gorgeous!

Is it my monitor or is the underlying colorway purple?

ny2dc

Reaction score

That is sharp. Speaking of tailoring, where do you guys frequent for your tailoring needs?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hot damn! Question: how are you going to get the alterations done?? I have some linen pants that I really need ("need") to get tapered before the summer but looks like that maybe isn't in the cards.
I'll venture over to Geoffrey Lewis once the CV blows through. I have several pair of pants that need adjusting as well. I'll just have to wait.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is sharp. Speaking of tailoring, where do you guys frequent for your tailoring needs?
Here in DC? I use Geoffrey Lewis at 15th and H. (literally half of this thread is about local tailors if you want to scroll back through)

Last edited:

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’d take that to field to get it altered. I knows he’s expensive. But it’s a Kiton. Splurge.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d take that to field to get it altered. I knows he’s expensive. But it’s a Kiton. Splurge.
The guys at Lewis know me well. Been going there for 12 years now. They do excellent work.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HN White in London has some good deals going on. Just ordered one of their Begg & Co scarves using SF10 coupon code.

CF711219-69F0-4D40-A56B-4C1B57A699C1.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads