• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Fox has taken a big hit from the arrival of Paul Stuart. I used to get MTM Samuelsohn at Fox, but switched to PS once they arrived because I like the PS Samuelsohn cut a bit better. It's a pleasant little store, but I have to wonder if it gets any new customers.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good band but weekday concerts are too hard for us older dudes who go to work early. Thanks for the invite!
Thanks for the invite.... but what @smittycl said.... maybe meetup for a weekend concert in the future??

lol I prefer weekend concerts but I keep missing them whenever they're in town performing. I'm always open to music or drinks over the weekend. Just keep the thread updated.

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
I wonder if Fox has taken a big hit from the arrival of Paul Stuart. I used to get MTM Samuelsohn at Fox, but switched to PS once they arrived because I like the PS Samuelsohn cut a bit better. It's a pleasant little store, but I have to wonder if it gets any new customers.
It used to be more lively and hope they come back. But the store doesn't have much inventory and they're not restocking.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It used to be more lively and hope they come back. But the store doesn't have much inventory and they're not restocking.
That’s the usual sign of impending closure. I watched the Paul Stuart outlet slowly do that over a few months last year.

Konnor

Reaction score
On the topic of Sid Mashburn, i just got this suit at a goodwill for $3.50.

Attachments

• 6E4DAF08-9264-419B-815D-998A39B98A31.jpeg
    6E4DAF08-9264-419B-815D-998A39B98A31.jpeg
    245.9 KB · Views: 16

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just bought two pair of pants, one Rota and one Brioni from this store in Miami. Not sure how long they have been around but all NWT and seriously discounted. First pair arrived with a 20% off coupon code TIMELESS20 They also have an eBay store.

Rota wool gray plaid
Capture.JPG

Brioni dark yellow cotton
Capture 2.JPG

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oops. Edited above post with store link. D'uoh! Here's their eBay link:

Parr1973

Reaction score
Does anybody have a bespoke tailor in the DMV they really recommend? I had a great guy in Los Angeles who died several years ago. Since then, I have tried a couple MTM options and haven't been impressed and, frankly, have body shape issues that really require a bespoke option. I'll take any and all suggestions (even for MTM.) Thanks in advance!

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will Field is the first to come to mind. I think a few of his customers are on StyleForum.

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
Does anybody have a bespoke tailor in the DMV they really recommend? I had a great guy in Los Angeles who died several years ago. Since then, I have tried a couple MTM options and haven't been impressed and, frankly, have body shape issues that really require a bespoke option. I'll take any and all suggestions (even for MTM.) Thanks in advance!
Field Tailoring does bespoke. Last time I checked, his bespoke suits started at $3,500

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had a very good experience with Ezra Paul mtm. It helps to know a little bit about what you like (lapel width, gorge height, shoulder slope, for example) but I've found his fit and construction to be better than other mtm I've tried in the area.

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
Is shortening a pair of sleeves on a dress shirt pretty easy thing to do? My office is close to Geoffrey Lewis and wondering if anyone has experience with them. I know they do bespoke. My wife bought me a RL Purple Label dress shirt over the weekend but the sleeves are a tad bit long.

(I told her I can get T&A shirts for less and she said STFU and let me treat you for once).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads