• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they do MTM for Canali. They carry Drake's shirts and ties but seem really low on inventory. They also have ETON but only the casual ones and no formal dress shirts.
I think their MTM is Samuelsohn or at least it was years ago. they also have Breuer and Seaward and Stern ties if I remember right.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to get Canali at Barneys. I still haven't been into their small shop at City Center yet. I always hit Sky Valet and Paul Stuart, though.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone been to Davelle Clothiers in Reston Town Center? I owe them a visit over my lunchbreak at some point but thought I'd poke around for recs first.

Iadbound

Reaction score
Anyone been to Davelle Clothiers in Reston Town Center? I owe them a visit over my lunchbreak at some point but thought I'd poke around for recs first.

Been there many times when I lived in Reston. David (the son of the owner) is very helpful and they have an interesting selection of items. I can definitely recommend them.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it :spam: if I ask you guys if there's interest in a DC trunk show for our custom offerings (I would bring our MTM fit kit and Inglese sizes and swatch books)? Maybe also Rota sizes and swatch books if there's interest

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
Is it :spam: if I ask you guys if there's interest in a DC trunk show for our custom offerings (I would bring our MTM fit kit and Inglese sizes and swatch books)? Maybe also Rota sizes and swatch books if there's interest
I'd be up for a DC trunk show as long you promise not to punch me in the face for my past mistake. But I'd do a MTM G.Inglese. Rota trousers off the rack fit me perfectly so I got nothing to complain about. But I would ask this in NMWA thread as well just in case there are DC folks who don't know about this thread.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m in, looking to procure an overcoat and pants from Sartoria Carrara.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be up for a DC trunk show as long you promise not to punch me in the face for my past mistake. But I'd do a MTM G.Inglese. Rota trousers off the rack fit me perfectly so I got nothing to complain about. But I would ask this in NMWA thread as well just in case there are DC folks who don't know about this thread.
uh oh - what have you done that could provoke such a violent response? :eh:

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would be very very interested. Looking to get measured for Rota MTM, possibly Inglese, and do another Carrera piece!

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
uh oh - what have you done that could provoke such a violent response? :eh:
Do I still need a disguise folks?! I wonder if I can have THE NOODLES account back. But I'd show up for a G. Inglese MTM. And sorry again, Greg.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in the NMWA x Sartoria Carrara fit for a sport coat. I have 3m of @dieworkwear 's fabric to make up. Need to try a jacket on and see how it fits on me. Would definitely make an appointment!

Amusingly, I jogged right past you years ago in DC. I think you were doing a Formosa trunk show and you and their guy (Gennaro?) were walking close to the White House. This was well before I could afford the tailoring and I had a great pace going and didn't stop... ?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads