• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official-ish DC Thread

Iadbound

Reaction score
The Brooks Brothers store is a few blocks north of the next stop from your office (Farragut West).
Really? I thought you were talking about the one by St. Matthews. 1201 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036
I think you're both talking about the same store. It's a few blocks north of Farragut West and it's at 1201 Conn.

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
I wonder if wm fox has a fabric brush. 1427 g street.
Um...not sure what's going on with them. They have nothing nowadays. They didn't let me try on a dress shirt because they didn't want to put it back together. I was ready to buy it but left a bad taste in my mouth and I said I'm never coming back.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Reaction score
I'll just walk it from 14th&H st. Need to lose some weight.
Um...not sure what's going on with them. They have nothing nowadays. They didn't let me try on a dress shirt because they didn't want to put it back together. I was ready to buy it but left a bad taste in my mouth and I said I'm never coming back.
Put it back together, as in, re-fold it?

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
Put it back together, as in, re-fold it?
That's what I asked. The owner(?) said, he doesn't want to fold it back together so he doesn't want me trying it. Dead serious. And I was ready to purchase the Drake's dress shirt but that rubbed me the wrong way. And they are running real low on inventory. I would not be surprised if they close up shop soon.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what I asked. The owner(?) said, he doesn't want to fold it back together so he doesn't want me trying it. Dead serious. And I was ready to purchase the Drake's dress shirt but that rubbed me the wrong way. And they are running real low on inventory. I would not be surprised if they close up shop soon.
I haven’t been there in years. Used to get ties from Drake’s and Breuer.

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
I haven’t been there in years. Used to get ties from Drake’s and Breuer.
I got all my Drake's ties from online.

As for WM Fox, I would not waste time going to that place. Not sure what their issue is.

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
the owner is over 80, be nice.
C'mon. You're going to put this on me? One of his son now is supposedly running the shop. The owner had been so nice to me but not sure what's going on. He's the one who told me that I can't try on a shirt. I got no beef against the man.

Anybody want a Hertling trousers (size 34)?

Reactions: WSW

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to see Big Head Todd and Monsters tomorrow at the Hamilton Live if anyone wants to meet up.
Good band but weekday concerts are too hard for us older dudes who go to work early. Thanks for the invite!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.