• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I expect I'll run into some if you guys sooner or later! Going to need to bring the heat though and rise up to the level of smitty on the rootop.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Inspired by rooftop smitty.

Clifftop purp.

IMG_6172_jpg.jpeg
IMG_6173.jpeg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been to Dacha on 7th Street. A fav cycling stop. Never been to the one in Navy Yard.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shameless plug, if you’re local, I can meet you in person & there’d obviously be no shipping charge.
Not that im in any position but that POW
antonio-banderas.gif

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not that im in any position but that POW
antonio-banderas.gif

I’m obviously biased but I think they’re all outstanding. I’ll eventually have them all made up if they don’t sell. But it’ll take me some time. Personally I think the stars of the show are the lumbs golden bale chalkstripe flannel, LL ultimate blazer wool & angora 8ply & the hunters of brora, which I’ll happily make into a hunting jacket if no one is interested in it.

anaxagoras

Reaction score
First DC appointment. Do I wear the pink bow-tie instead? ;-)
[Bespoke jacket, Holland and Sherry Wool;Van Laack shirt; both ties by Turnbull and Asser]
IMG_8295.jpeg

IMG_8296.jpeg

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally like the combination with the pink bow tie better. Have no idea what your appointment is though. Would that be too flashy?

anaxagoras

Reaction score
I personally like the combination with the pink bow tie better. Have no idea what your appointment is though. Would that be too flashy?

Thanks for suggestion! I like the bow tie better too but given quite formal nature of appointment decided to play it safe. (Have never worn a bow tie without being laughed at, but maybe there’s a first time.)

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for suggestion! I like the bow tie better too but given quite formal nature of appointment decided to play it safe. (Have never worn a bow tie without being laughed at, but maybe there’s a first time.)
Really? Was it spinning? I honestly don't get why they would laugh.

anaxagoras

Reaction score
Really? Was it spinning? I honestly don't get why they would laugh.

Interesting in light of recent discussion of southern style (about which I know nothing except that it exists) and differences in DC (about which I also know next to nothing).

This was in NYC finance, and people just thought it was ludicrous, or at best a novelty. It may have been different in other professions. Rightly or wrongly, I have always associated bowties more with the south. (staying within the US here, not talking about 19 century UK or anything like that).

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting in light of recent discussion of southern style (about which I know nothing except that it exists) and differences in DC (about which I also know next to nothing).

This was in NYC finance, and people just thought it was ludicrous, or at best a novelty. It may have been different in other professions. Rightly or wrongly, I have always associated bowties more with the south. (staying within the US here, not talking about 19 century UK or anything like that).

anaxagoras

Reaction score

G-d I love styleforum. I will read this and get back in a month.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
G-d I love styleforum. I will read this and get back in a month.
I used to post there until realized I was neither Southern or Trad. I was just colorful. Good thread, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads