• We would like to welcome Larimars Luxury Menswear as an official Affiliate Vendor. Larimars, based in Ontario, Canada, and specializing in handmade and semi-handmade shirts made in their family owned factory, with over 1000 fabrics from which to choose!

Please check out their thread on here, welcome them, and take advantage of their introductory offer for Styleforum. The discount code is in thread!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official-ish DC Thread

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I prefer belts or sidetabs as my only options for wearing pants. Suspenders don’t allow you to take off the jacket and can be distracting.
Me too actually. Even my Tux has side tabs.

blindboygrunt

Reaction score
Any recommendations on a good watchmaker for repairs? I cracked the crystal on my Junkers 6060-5 and have taken it to two different jewelry stores downtown who told me they can't repair it because they don't have an account with Junkers to order the replacement part.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on a good watchmaker for repairs? I cracked the crystal on my Junkers 6060-5 and have taken it to two different jewelry stores downtown who told me they can't repair it because they don't have an account with Junkers to order the replacement part.
I've sent several watches to these guys. They do a great job and also serve as a warranty repair location for many major watch brands. They will give you an estimate before beginning work.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like I got lucky in comparison.

I went to work w/o an umbrella or wallet today and paid the price lol. Left work earlier to walk home to hopefully beat the downpour. 2 minutes in, downpour went crazy so I waited under a roof only to get soaked by the sideways downpour lol. Decided to call for a Lyft. Driver never came to pick me up and drove away after 10 min. And then the price doubled for the next driver, of course. So then I had to run through the rain to the closest metro only to realize I had left my wallet at home. Thankfully the Smartrip app allowed me to buy a pass and get home lol. First metro ride since the pandemic, completely soaked lol.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took yesterday off for some self care and took the mountain bike into the Patapsco Valley. The humidity was hellish. I swear I lost at least 5 pounds of water weight yesterday. I never imagined 8 miles could be that difficult. View attachment 1821374 View attachment 1821376
Yeah, I knocked out 40 miles on the road bike on WO&D trail on Sunday. Felt like a wrung-out dishrag by the end. Today feels like Fall compared to yesterday.

Featured Sponsor

What time of the year do you spend the most money on clothes?

• Spring

• Summer

• Fall

• Winter

• No difference

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidandsons