• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of-is anyone in Court House in Arlington?

If so, PM me if you'd be up for grabbing drinks at say Courthaus Social, Continental etc.
I'm in Courthouse area.

Ate at Bar Ivy last night. Food was tasty but very heavy even in small portions. Pricey which will keep out the Happy Hour taco crowd from Don Tito's and Mexicali Blues. Bar was full of fit, well dressed babes.

Kevin24

Reaction score
I'm in Courthouse area.

Ate at Bar Ivy last night. Food was tasty but very heavy even in small portions. Pricey which will keep out the Happy Hour taco crowd from Don Tito's and Mexicali Blues. Bar was full of fit, well dressed babes.

Were the drinks pricy too?

Funny, I've been by where Bar IVY is located and I've never noticed it.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were the drinks pricy too?
$12-14 for a cocktail. Nice set up but I'm mildly suspicious. Bar was not very well-stocked. No Balvenie which is -20 cool points.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in Courthouse area.

Now you are talking my language.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought you might chime in. ;) Lots of very attractive single women there. Even wifey commented.

Arlington has been like that for a long time. Back when I worked in Rosslyn, I'd go out with my colleagues who were taking smoke breaks just to chill and watch the world walk by.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arlington has been like that for a long time. Back when I worked in Rosslyn, I'd go out with my colleagues who were taking smoke breaks just to chill and watch the world walk by.
Frankly, it's a bit distracting. My building is full of 25 year old yoga pants wearing Goddesses. Thankfully I'm completely off their radar except when complementing their ubiquitous Golden Doodles.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My neighborhood is now full of American Enterprise Institute summer interns (guess they all stay at the CUA dorms) who, ironically, crowd my metro station in the mornings. And, unsurprisingly, have terrible metro etiquette.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My neighborhood is now full of American Enterprise Institute summer interns (guess they all stay at the CUA dorms) who, ironically, crowd my metro station in the mornings. And, unsurprisingly, have terrible metro etiquette.
I forget, is AEI full wing-nut, partial wing-nut, or did they distance themselves from Trumpies?

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forget, is AEI full wing-nut, partial wing-nut, or did they distance themselves from Trumpies?
I mostly remember them from the Bush-admin days when they were pro-corporate and pro-war (so I think they had a ton of influence during that time). No idea what's happened to them since.

Kevin24

Reaction score
I mostly remember them from the Bush-admin days when they were pro-corporate and pro-war (so I think they had a ton of influence during that time). No idea what's happened to them since.

They have been mainly sidelined as they have become #NeverTrump ©.

I applied to AEI for internships in college but they never considered me probably because I didn't go to Harvard, Yale, or Dartmouth for undergrad. Something that seems to be their only determining factor when it comes to hiring decisions.

No offense to anyone here.

TomR77

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to this thread (and to DC) and glad to have found you guys. I have a quick question, can anyone recommend a restaurant or place for drinks in Alexandria, preferably close to the water?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads