• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official-ish DC Thread

Maximus Rex

Reaction score
I was at Tony and Joe's on the waterfront on Saturday and ordered a bourbon rickey. Waitress said she'd never heard of it but she'd ask the bartender. She came back and said, "we don't have that." A DC bartender not knowing what a rickey is, just unconscionable.
For sheer irony, when she said they don't have that, you should have said, "well, in that case, I'll just have a bourbon and club soda with a lime"...

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In my experience, restaurants on the Georgetown waterfront are good for ambiance, not so much for food and drink.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone have big plans for the holiday weekend? The one thing I do every year is visit Arlington National Cemetery on Memorial Day. It really is an awe-inspiring place if you've never been.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone have big plans for the holiday weekend? The one thing I do every year is visit Arlington National Cemetery on Memorial Day. It really is an awe-inspiring place if you've never been.
Flying to London on Sunday! Last close friend on active duty is retiring and hosting a black tie event. Need to quickly relearn how to tie a bow tie.

Arlington Cemetery is a great place to visit. I live right next to it and love the cannon fire for ceremonies. Like being back on active duty. 👍

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flying to London on Sunday! Last close friend on active duty is retiring and hosting a black tie event. Need to quickly relearn how to tie a bow tie.

Arlington Cemetery is a great place to visit. I live right next to it and love the cannon fire for ceremonies. Like being back on active duty. 👍
Like trying your shoelaces mate

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a new suit from Ezra Paul on Saturday (a light gray 11oz high twist wool from the Standeven Explorer book). Within one hour I had spilled sweet vermouth on the pants. :fu:
Lesson for TheSuitBurnsBetter - Don't drink and wear new suits.

Lesson for Easily Amused - Don't drink and do laundry.

Lesson for other DC SF'ers - Don't drink and <insert your own sartorial activity>.

Last edited:

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my first exposure notification from the COVIDWISE app after going into the office last week. Was in close contact while masking with only two people, a coworker who is cognizant and my boss who is not. Thankfully my antigen test came out negative.

Featured Sponsor

What's the biggest deciding factor for you when making a clothing purchase?

• Style of an item

• Price of an item

• Material of an item

• Brand

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tonyapemberton