• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official-ish DC Thread

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two hour delay walking ironically through the light rain with trench coat and umbrella like it's April. I can't believe NoVA schools closed so fast yesterday.
Montgomery County started with a 2-hour delay and converted to cancelation. It's raining. Raining. NWS calls for 1" of snow mostly on grassy surfaces.
Same here. (Howard county) started as two-hour delay, then outright cancelled. And I am supposed to go in around noon.Wife (wfh) is not happy

I've given up on shoes they hurt my feet :(.
Me too! Alden unlined Chukkas or unlined suede PTB are my normal shoe.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can count on one hand the number of times I've worn dress shoes since the start of the pandemic.
I guess it's mostly been post-vaxx that I started wearing dress shoes again. I never wear shoes around the house, but after the jab I started going back to the office and the jail more often. Tassels are great for going through jail security. Easy to slip on and off, but slightly dressier than pennies.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I guess it's mostly been post-vaxx that I started wearing dress shoes again. I never wear shoes around the house, but after the jab I started going back to the office and the jail more often. Tassels are great for going through jail security. Easy to slip on and off, but slightly dressier than pennies.
I haven't tried any tassel loafers yet. My FiL used to wear them with shorts all the time but he lived on Hilton Head and did the Ben Silver Southern-thing a lot. I'm gravitating to loafers daily now (or like today, Chelsea boots as it's sloppy out). Much more comfortable than oxfords.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You misspelled tasseks

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone once misspelled tassels as tasseks and it stuck (for a while I guess). There was even a tasseks thread.

Carry on, carry on.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Someone once misspelled tassels as tasseks and it stuck (for a while I guess). There was even a tasseks thread.

Carry on, carry on.
I must have missed that one!

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like the Fox Bros stuff that Division Road is stocking. Don't really need another chore cot/overshirt but this one seems nice.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been wearing a lot of overshirts/chore coats styles in a variety of fabrics, linen or fresco in summer, brushed cottons, corduroy or wool flannel in winter, and I’m a sucker for Fox Bros products…….

But this isn’t DR piece isn’t doing it for me.

I‘d opt for this over the DR piece: https://www.themerchantfox.co.uk/products/fox-tweed-utility-jacket

Or this (admittedly not FB)

Or this (admittedly not wool)

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve been wearing a lot of overshirts/chore coats styles in a variety of fabrics, linen or fresco in summer, brushed cottons, corduroy or wool flannel in winter, and I’m a sucker for Fox Bros products…….

But this isn’t DR piece isn’t doing it for me.

I‘d opt for this over the DR piece: https://www.themerchantfox.co.uk/products/fox-tweed-utility-jacket

Or this (admittedly not FB)

Or this (admittedly not wool)
I really liked the look of the Fox utility jacket but I think it would have been boxy on me. First World issue?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ended up giving the neat NOS French pea coat to my son. Had too many coats and didn’t need it in the end. Wifey gave me the side-eye “more stuff for the kid?” I said “pay it forward.”

B5801F68-42B2-4B03-AA1B-97B02151F372.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads