• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suspect it's probably great, however, I cannot get into e-reading. I think I only finish about 25% of the books I start on kindle...but real books almost always get read, unless they suck.
I like reading on my iPad when wifey falls asleep as I can turn the lights out and still read. Great for travel as well. Apart from that I also greatly prefer real books.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't aware of this before but now it looks like I won't be getting any work done this afternoon...

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The food at Kramers is much better than you would expect it to be. It's become a go-to place to grab a bite to eat for me and my friend after we visit the Phillips Collection.
Yeah, I really like their chow and bar. When my son was at American U we used to meet there all the time. I also like to stop at the end of long bike rides and eat outside.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's a doofus who needs to be right.
Every time we argue I get supportive DMs from the many DWW-haters out there. Kind of funny. I'm not a hater but can't pass up commenting on perceived BS.

Styleforum = High School Redux :bounce2:

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't aware of this before but now it looks like I won't be getting any work done this afternoon...

Damn, same

Every time we argue I get supportive DMs from the many DWW-haters out there. Kind of funny. I'm not a hater but can't pass up commenting on perceived BS.

Styleforum = High School Redux :bounce2:

Yep, complete with the various cliques..... the conversation in that thread to get it moved from CM to SW&D was revealing, and ridiculous at the same time.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, same

Yep, complete with the various cliques..... the conversation in that thread to get it moved from CM to SW&D was revealing, and ridiculous at the same time.
Maybe we should form a gang? The DC Sharks complete with (designer, of course) monogrammed leather jackets? I refuse to roll up my jeans, though.

Last edited:

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's a doofus who needs to be right.

And, how many times is he going to give a handy to the Instagram guy out of SFO, who is both an electrician and dresses up? I mean, sure he dresses well, but some of his stuff is just weird. No need to praise every outfit he wears all the time.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And, how many times is he going to give a handy to the Instagram guy out of SFO, who is both an electrician and dresses up? I mean, sure he dresses well, but some of his stuff is just weird. No need to praise every outfit he wears all the time.

Oooof my coworkers think I'm weird for dressing up all the time. I would say anyone following stylefo rules on dress are the odd ones in modern day society.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He and Peter are apparently friends and hang out a lot. I like a lot of what Peter wears but not all of it. Neat to see him featured by Canali now!

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oooof my coworkers think I'm weird for dressing up all the time. I would say anyone following stylefo rules on dress are the odd ones in modern day society.
We all have to wear CM at work but I'm known as the office dandy because I don't wear Jos A. Bank and actually put some thought into dressing. :oops:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads