• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
which espadrilles did you get?

i like to wear them around the house...
I got blue and brown. I also use a pair around the house and another as pool shoes. Last go-around they were cotton canvas rather than suede so I hope these work.

h_miller

Reaction score
I got blue and brown. I also use a pair around the house and another as pool shoes. Last go-around they were cotton canvas rather than suede so I hope these work.
i know some people wear them around city all day long... but they are young... not for old timers like me :)

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i know some people wear them around city all day long... but they are young... not for old timers like me :)
They wear out fast as well.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No significant meetings today so able to avoid the City suit for a change. Greatly prefer dressing for comfort as well of course. Shirt is actually off-white/cream but hard to see from the pic.

bookcore 3.jpg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I also worry about the 8000 series ones which are significantly heavier than other parts of Metro's rolling stock.
I didn't even know we had 8000 train cars. I thought 7000 were the newest. Nothing but old cars on OR/SV lately.

bicycleradical

Reaction score
I didn't even know we had 8000 train cars. I thought 7000 were the newest. Nothing but old cars on OR/SV lately.
My mistake. Those aren't due to enter service for a couple of years. I think the 7000s are also rather heavy. Obviously, they have a number of issues.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wearing jeans to work today for the first time in my (20+ year) career. Frankly, I still don't get the excitement about it, and I would never do it if I hadn't already quit.
Yeah, not in my wheel house either. I can't go below sport coat, tie, and dress pants. For off-site stuff I can go polo sweater but with a sport coat/blazer in hand.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, not in my wheel house either. I can't go below sport coat, tie, and dress pants. For off-site stuff I can go polo sweater but with a sport coat/blazer in hand.
I mean, I did wear a sport coat.

But just from a comfort perspective, I can't say I'm more comfortable in jeans today than I was yesterday in flannel tailored trousers.

bicycleradical

Reaction score
I mean, I did wear a sport coat.

But just from a comfort perspective, I can't say I'm more comfortable in jeans today than I was yesterday in flannel tailored trousers.
I hear that. Good jeans are comfortable however I wouldn't say they are more comfortable than wool flannel trousers.

Featured Sponsor

Friday Challenge "Suited and Booted" VOTE NOW

• An Acute Style

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Bernoulli

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Brennenman

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • cr2596

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Crafty Cumbrian

Votes: 7 12.7%