• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official-ish DC Thread

adschus

Reaction score
WOW! Knew you all would have an opinion.

looks like Prime Rib will get the call. Capital grille is nice - I’m visiting from chicago and have so many choices here so I’m kind of picky.

We did Maydan last visit - that date and honey dish was memorable. I went to Georgetown and worked at a federal client. Would eat once a week at Le Diplomate, it’s a must any trip.

adschus

Reaction score
Is BLT Steak still open? My buddy used to run the wine program there, though it was nice enough but probably not Old School Steakhouse enough for the purpose. Generally, I avoid steakhouses because I feel like I'm paying a massive premium for something I can do just fine at home. One exception might be Medium Rare because I can just shove that shit in my mouth.
Regarding doing something You can do at home…tend to agree. Cast iron steak gets the job done no doubt. Just Need a Salamander to get that really crispy crust

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How do people feel about doing a semi-formal holiday meetup on the 18th?
Don’t mean to shit on your DC meet up but me, Edina, and Marc V. are flying to NYC that weekend to meat up. Ter might meet us up since he lives in Brooklyn.

If any of y’all DC’ers want to go to meet some other members we’ll be there.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do I have to relearn how to tie a proper bow tie? I usually wait until Dec 30th to do that. :bigstar:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shit, I'm an idiot. I'm actually not going to be around on the 18th. But all of you should still do it.
Sounds like a setup. Like the end of the Godfather when the Five Families get wiped out...

Featured Sponsor

Friday Challenge "Suited and Booted" VOTE NOW

• An Acute Style

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Bernoulli

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Brennenman

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • cr2596

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Crafty Cumbrian

Votes: 7 12.7%