• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

Jbroox

Reaction score
Anyone have recs for a shop around northwest dc with good selection of ties/pocket squares? Have a wedding this weekend and looking for something new. Tried suitsupply in Georgetown which had a good selection but not quite what I was looking for…

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have recs for a shop around northwest dc with good selection of ties/pocket squares? Have a wedding this weekend and looking for something new. Tried suitsupply in Georgetown which had a good selection but not quite what I was looking for…
Try Sid Mashburn in Georgetown, Paul Stuart in City Center or just go up to Mazza Galleria and hit Sak’s I guess.

EDIT: or just hit Brooks for something simple.

Last edited:

Jbroox

Reaction score
The final product. Ended up going to Paul Stuart, thanks for the rec smittycl! Even sat, had a drink, and talked menswear with the workers for a bit

Attachments

• 09A08F78-6F40-4C62-96AE-11F1D41103E5.jpeg
    09A08F78-6F40-4C62-96AE-11F1D41103E5.jpeg
    245.9 KB · Views: 22

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The final product. Ended up going to Paul Stuart, thanks for the rec smittycl! Even sat, had a drink, and talked menswear with the workers for a bit
Fantastic!

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Litigation Cures All

Reaction score
Anyone wipe down the bottom of your leather shoes with disinfecting wipes? Seems like an effective way prevent tracking germs into one’s home. However, I think it will dry out the leather soles.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone wipe down the bottom of your leather shoes with disinfecting wipes? Seems like an effective way prevent tracking germs into one’s home. However, I think it will dry out the leather soles.

I take my shoes off before entering the house. As far as I know there are very few diseases that would be on the bottom of one's shoes. The UK had an outbreak of foot and mouth disease almost 20 years ago.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems a little over-the-top. Just take them off?

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More busty serving wench photos please.
Turns out both the busty serving wenches and my wife take issue with me taking creepy photos of cleavage. But trust you me, it was bountiful.
Wish I had known you were going today! Could have met for a beer!
Were you there? Were you my jousting champion, Balthazar? Cause he sucked.
I was wondering if they were going to start that back up. Always a good time.
Yeah it was definitely back in full force and extremely crowded. I always enjoy watching the knife throwing get increasingly haphazard as the crowd gets progressively drunker throughout the day.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to this article, it's fine to use disinfecting wipes on leather soles:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads