• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wasnt there someone who jumped the fence a few years ago & made it inside the white house before secret service tackled them?
Yes. Back when Obama was in office a mentally ill guy got all the way to the door. Secret Service caught a lot of flack for that. A little kid got through the fence and was wandering around, some knucklehead crashed a small drone on the grounds and the Secret Service also got into serious trouble in Colombia partying with hookers.

Someone did a hysterical diorama with those incidents for the Washington Post's annual Peep diorama competition. I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/lifestyle/peeps-diorama-contest/2015/

Last edited:

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. Back when Obama was in office a mentally ill guy got all the way to the door. Secret Service caught a lot of flack for that. A little kid got through the fence and was wandering around, some knucklehead crashed a small drone on the grounds and the Secret Service also got into serious trouble in Colombia partying with hookers.

Someone did a hysterical diorama with those incidents for the Washington Post's annual Peep diorama competition. I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/lifestyle/peeps-diorama-contest/2015/
I remember that - couldn't remember if it was during Trump or toward the end of Obama. But thereafter, I remember they extended the distance visitors needed to be from the fence (forcing people to jump 2 fences). It probably needed to be higher.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember that - couldn't remember if it was during Trump or toward the end of Obama. But thereafter, I remember they extended the distance visitors needed to be from the fence (forcing people to jump 2 fences). It probably needed to be higher.
Fencing has smaller gaps between the bars and probably lots of unseen security updates.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright! Just scored tix to see Japanese Breakfast tonight in Silver Spring!!!

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, Really liking what I hear from them, enjoy the show. Report back please

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, Really liking what I hear from them, enjoy the show. Report back please
Smashing show. Crowd was young and very into it. First concert for all in ages. Opening act was punkish band called Mannequin Pu**y (A for effort on that name, which I had to edit because Styleforum!).
D64B421E-30F1-468F-9925-EEFA15A97CE7.jpeg
3B98E4C2-D74C-491B-B39F-111F2411AFD8.jpeg
D2D2380E-D6DC-48CD-810A-329F3EFA65E2.jpeg

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Setlist from last night's show. Zauner has a great band and is a phenomenal singer-songwriter.

bicycleradical

Reaction score
Sad to hear that Velvet Lounge is closing. Have played many shows there and was always one of my favorite venues. Except it was always a huge pain lugging drums up their crazy narrow stairs.
You play drums, eh? Maybe we can get a jam session going one day. I'm a guitarist and aspiring vocalist. We can be old school and play in our suits.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't forget the scammer Virginia vineyard couple who faked their way into a White House event, then the wife played the dumb blonde and left the husband to face the wolves. She then went missing and her husband publicly and tearfully cried for her safe return. Turned out she had not been abducted but had run off with Neal Schon and was on tour with Journey. People were saying that she was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the oldest documented groupie in the history of the world, but I digress. In any event she worked some type of mystical :marchal: power on Shon because he left his former Playboy Bunny wife of 2 months for her and ultimately married her. Is there a diorama for that because if there is I would pay to see it

Last edited:

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You play drums, eh? Maybe we can get a jam session going one day. I'm a guitarist and aspiring vocalist. We can be old school and play in our suits.
Like The Tubes!

1626962985821.png

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the scammer Virginia vineyard couple who faked their way into a White House event, then the wife played the dumb blonde and left the husband to face the wolves. She then went missing and her husband publicly and tearfully cried for her safe return. Turned out she had not been abducted but had run off with Neal Schon and was on tour with Journey. People were saying that she was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as the oldest documented groupie in the history of the world. In any event she worked some type of mystical :marchal: power on Shon because he left his former Playboy Bunny wife of 2 months for her and ultimately married her. Is there a diorama for that because if there is I would pay to see it
They are in the Peeps diorama as well!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.