• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official-ish DC Thread

Reaction score
You won't get that answer on a public forum (I deal in international trade issues...).
Interesting guess. She would have been a bit, but not impossibly, mature for my taste back then, but there is no way I could imagine the wife of Pinochet at Studio 54!

I assume we now have to guess the wife of the head of state? I'm going with Lucia Hiriart, spouse of Augusto Pinochet.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You won't get that answer on a public forum (I deal in international trade issues...).
Interesting guess. She would have been a bit, but not impossibly, mature for my taste back then, but there is no way I could imagine the wife of Pinochet at Studio 54!
Ok, I like a challenge. I'm going to sober up and eventually circle back around to this.

Currently on my DC punk playlist: Dag Nasty

Reaction score
Depends on the particular government, but in most cases a Prime Minister is below a President or a monarch. Trudeau was the head of government of Canada, while Queen Elizabeth II, through her Governor General, is the head of state (and Boris Johnson is the head of government, QEII is the head of state); German Chancellor Merkel is head of government, German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier is head of state.

Prime Minister isn't a head of state?

dench127

Reaction score
Depends on the particular government, but in most cases a Prime Minister is below a President or a monarch. Trudeau was the head of government of Canada, while Queen Elizabeth II, through her Governor General, is the head of state (and Boris Johnson is the head of government, QEII is the head of state); German Chancellor Merkel is head of government, German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier is head of state.
Yup, and what made Americans feel a bit special in the early days of the Republic was that the President was both head of State and head of Government

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see, so we're talking royalty. Probably someone like the princess of Liechtenstein or something like that. But no more guesses from me. I grew up in NYC as well, but was a few years younger and missed the studio 54 scene.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anybody else have an unexpected three-day holiday weekend beginning tomorrow? (Thanks Biden!) Snuck up on everyone this morning, so I haven't given much thought on what to do. Sadly, all the local museums that have reopened are already booked up.
I only found out about the holiday indirectly but was happy to have it off. Celebrated Juneteenth nursing an impressive hangover watching mediocre horror movies all day Friday. Wound up doing a mini bar hop in the late evening with my first trip to Donohue and a martini at Martin's Tavern.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
Where can I pick up a copy of The Rake magazine without driving into DC...

Havent seen it in usual B&N type of stores...

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where can I pick up a copy of The Rake magazine without driving into DC...

Havent seen it in usual B&N type of stores...
I think B&N actually does carry it. Just ask them.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.