• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official-ish DC Thread

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personaally, I think the fit would look better without the tee under the button up.
Yeah, it was slightly coolish in the shade. Should have worn my dark blue linen tshirt. :brick:

Last edited:

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it was slightly foolish in the shade. Should have worn my dark blue linen tshirt. :brick:
Obviously your choice, and it doesn’t look terrible, but I’m saying the button up shirt stands on its own, no need for anything (yellow or blue) umder it (don’t ditch the pants though ;))

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) Good on you!
2) You look great.
3) What's in the menu? (Meaning what are you getting? Living vicariously….)
1) It happens to be right around our 5 year anniversary so good on us!
2) Thanks! Here's what I've got on:
20210515_222732.jpg
Ezra Paul hopsack jacket
Benjamin Sartorial shirt
Phineas Cole trousers
Alden cordovan tassel loafers
Wardrobe Wimbledon square
3) oh man ok the stone crab legs were amazing. Had a lot of those. Also had shrimp cocktail, lobster tail, filet mignon, mac and cheese, finished with Delamain pale&dry cognac. All fantastic. Wouldn't recommend the claws though. Grainy, not too flavorful.

CollingsD2H

Reaction score
Man, my office is like one block away from Joe's but despite that I never went there because I saw their trash every morning. When I did end up going there, I was shocked at how good their food was.

dc_slicker

Reaction score
View attachment 1610456
Ezra Paul hopsack jacket
Benjamin Sartorial shirt
Phineas Cole trousers
3) oh man ok the stone crab legs were amazing. Had a lot of those. Also had shrimp cocktail, lobster tail, filet mignon, mac and cheese, finished with Delamain pale&dry cognac. All fantastic. Wouldn't recommend the claws though. Grainy, not too flavorful.
You ate all that??? How do you stay so skinny
One filet mignon for me and I am +5lbs on a scale the next morning

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1610456
Ezra Paul hopsack jacket
Benjamin Sartorial shirt
Phineas Cole trousers
Happy Anniversary!

Sounds like an amazing meal.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1610456
Ezra Paul hopsack jacket
Benjamin Sartorial shirt
Phineas Cole trousers
Two of my favorite items anywhere are Joe's Dover Sole and Banana Cream Pie. Great restaurant. And, importantly, always great service.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You ate all that??? How do you stay so skinny
One filet mignon for me and I am +5lbs on a scale the next morning
Not gonna lie, I'm feeling it this morning. But "the Whale" appetizer has small portions of the crab legs, claws, lobster, and shrimp. And I only got an 8oz filet. Still, jacket definitely wasn't buttoning at the end.
Two of my favorite items anywhere are Joe's Dover Sole and Banana Cream Pie. Great restaurant. And, importantly, always great service.
I was so full at the end I didn't even get to try dessert but the banana cream pie sounds awesome. Will have to try that next time.
Happy Anniversary!

Sounds like an amazing meal.
Thanks!

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We ate at Wilson Hardware Friday night and they are now open until 0200. Wait staff still in masks for the time being. Arlington was hopping.

I expect it will take a while for this to settle out with businesses and such. I'm happy to keep the mask for Metro for example. My office is now maskless for the vaccinated but the building hasn't changed the rules for the common areas yet.

Last edited:

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meeting son for brunch. He finished all his papers and exams Friday and graduates Law School next weekend. Now he can finally get a real job... :p

Canali sport coat and pants with Zegna linen shirt.

IMG_2525.jpg

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We ate at Wilson Hardware Friday night and they are now open until 0200. Wait staff still in masks for the time being. Arlington was hopping.

I expect it will take a while for this to settle out with businesses and such. I'm happy to keep the mask for Metro for example. My office is now maskless for the vaccinated but the building hasn't changed the rules for the common areas yet.
i smell a DC tag up in the works.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

• Red

• Gold

• All of the Above

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.